The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by afjay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 49erstruebluefan

49erstruebluefan Rep Luvr

I was referring to when Warner was in his prime he was good at finding guys open yes now with the Cards hes lost a couple steps I agree but to compare him in his prime to Smith today I just didnt see that.

2. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

that just shows you how good Martz is in training QB's to fit his system. Martz is a master qb coach and has proven this time and time again. Even last year, Kitna blew it up for the first half of the season and then the team collectively caved. He took an avg qb. (imo) and turned him into a superstar for a good 7 weeks. He took an arena ball qb in Warner and won a championship, he took a guy named Bulger and turned him into a pretty decent and sometimes lights out qb..he even had an unheard of back up come in one year for 3 games and throw for 300 yrds a game...

Bottom line, Martz, with all his glory and all his faults, KNOWS the position of the Quaterback.

This gives me Hope for not only the Niners but for Alex Smith as well. Reserved hope, sure....but it's still hope.

3. 49erstruebluefan

Well all I have right now is hope. I have no doubt that Martz is a genius he seems to really know the QB position or maybe its the QB psyche that he knows so well but in any case Smith needs some good sound guidance and someone who can show him how to take what he learns in practice and carry that knowledge onto the field on game day.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I agree with Red(I think it was him) I was disappointed in the draft also, I don't think they did a good job at all, C- or D+ at the most and with only 7 picks they should have gotten more bang for their bucks IMO.

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

It's tough to asses people drafted to be down lineman...he can be a highly touted guy but not fit your system, He can be a nobody and fit your needs and system perfectly. Until i see them in action and working with out other players i'm not going to grade anything.

Well, with all his systems and all his coaches he's been through, NONE of them worked on his mechanics. Martz will for sure dial him in. Only time will tell i guess.

6. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

7. 49erstruebluefan

8. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

9. 49erstruebluefan

Im at work right now may have to wait until I get home to see this vid...thanks for posting though Beasty :icon_smile:

10. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

you bet....he's quick....gonna be an End.

11. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

So true. No one can tell who's going to be good or bad days just a few days after the draft.

Gregg Easterbrook

12. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

My lawyers will be contacting you shortly..I will not stand for slander or sense making!

13. GORE

GORE #21

9ers fan, new to the board here.

14. 49erstruebluefan

Always nice to see another niner fan...welcome! :icon_cool:

15. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

hell yeah man...you got rep!

16. GORE

GORE #21

Sweet thanks for the rep guys

17. 49erstruebluefan

Love your sig did you make that or did you have someone make it for you?

18. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

This just in-------------NINER FANS KICK MAJOR BUTT!!!---------

19. GORE

GORE #21

found it on google lol

20. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

have someone here make what you want and i'll pay for it....

in the graphics forum...just make a request and let me know what it costs....