All I Want To Know about the Ads on GIF

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by HailttRedskins, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

umm so as you can see there is the door, go ahead and use it.... Good bye!

2. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I don't mind the full page popups because they go away for a while after you click through, but this one ad in particular keeps giving me issues. I know I PM'd Sweets about it at one point but apparently it isn't a widespread issue. The ad for "blinx" or whatever it is, that one locks up Firefox and crashes my browser. Fortunately it is not in the rotation tonight and I am able to post. I am just curious if that particular ad is affecting anyone else.

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Thank you for the useful info URL54....I am getting rid of any ads for Blinks. Kinda sucks...they were a good earner.

I just want to remind people that we would not have the full page ads if members clicked on the text ads from time to time. The fact is we do not get enough clicks from the text ads to pay for anything. In the last 30 days we have had a grand total of 27 total clicks on the text ads. Since they don't generate much if any revenue we are using the full-page ads that pay out each time they are shown.

4. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

I only get one at the beginning and that's it. Later Boost!

5. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I just did a bunch of clicks. When the old Fans site was in the infant stages I recall a lot of friendly reminders to click ads there and I think it helped...or maybe not but those little reminders worked for me anyways.

It really takes no time at all to click a few ads. Maybe folks lose sight with that....obviously.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

They do. From time to time I remind people, we get some clicks and then it goes back down to no clicks again. The thing with the ads is it has to be a constant thing, not once or twice.

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

you shouldnt complain about the advertisements
    this stuff isnt free for the site owners

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, I clicked on that ugly 'meat your meat' ad.

Do I have to watch the video? :bad:

9. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I'm actually fine now, installed the script blocker, no problems anymore :icon_cheesygrin:

Ha, what a freaking tool :icon_rolleyes:

10. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

you know you want to....:icon_cheesygrin:

11. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

This is happening to me and it really does make the site un-readable.

How can I fix it HRS???

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

did you read what other people did before you? What exactly is the problem?

13. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

You should send out a PM to members everyday just asking them to click, it doesn't take much effort for everyone here to do it once a day.

I quite often just forget about them as I don't often scroll down to the bottom of the page.

14. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

Every page I click on on this site a full screen ad comes up, every time!!! Even when I posted this damn reply.

I've deleted my history, cookies etc. but nothing is working.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I get it everytime I log on.

16. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Same, and thats the only time.

17. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

You log on???

I thought you were on here 24/7.:icon_cheesygrin:

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

jtracey i'll let SRW know, i'm not sure he can help but he'll try. HTTR had the same problem if you read back a few pages and see what he did. Sorry i can't be of more help to ya

19. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

It's okay guys, just installed a script blocker like HRS said (didn't see that post initially) so I'm okay now.

Sorry for bothering you guys.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

not a bother, just glad you got it fixed now start posting...lol