BREAKING NEWS: Marvin Harrison Involved In A Shooting

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by FSUViking, May 2, 2008.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All these years Harrison has gotten the edge over T.O., Randy Moss and Chad Johnson as the "best WR in the league" just because of his "character"

What do you have to say now?

2. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

Wow, I always thought that Harrison was a pretty good guy. And I'm surprised that WIP actually got the story. Philly pride!

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I agree. What happens with Harrison doesn't change who Pacman & TO are. Plus we don't even know if Harrison was the shooter or if it was justified.

People need to slow their roll, as you like to say. :icon_mrgreen:

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Dude...WTF are you talking about putting T.O. and Pacman in the same league...come on!!!

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

My favorite quote..."Slow your Roll!"

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080502/sp_afp/amfootnflcoltsharrison_080502203331

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378829&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison is under investigation in his hometown of Philadelphia in a shooting that took place earlier this week, a source close to the investigation told Anthony Gargano of Philadelphia's WIP Radio.

The shooting reportedly occurred early Tuesday afternoon outside a North Philadelphia bar owned by Harrison.

Harrison has yet to be arrested or charged with the crime.

"I just walked off the practice field [at rookie minicamp] and heard about the incident, and that's all I know," Colts coach Tony Dungy said Friday. "We're obviously going to look into it. I haven't spoken to Marvin yet."

Calls by ESPN to Harrison and his agent have not been returned.

The source said the alleged victim came into the bar, Playmakers, around 5 p.m. and engaged in an argument with Harrison, who was at the bar. The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out, the victim was hit in the hand, and a young girl was slightly injured by flying glass from a car that apparently was hit by a bullet.

Police came to scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter. On Wednesday, according to the source, ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun.

Police then went to a Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon, but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home.

However, the source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.

The source said police were contacted Friday by an attorney representing a second alleged victim in the shooting, and police are now waiting for that individual to come forward.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_story_123164606.html

INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts officials had no comment upon hearing media reports that veteran wide receiver Marvin Harrison is under investigation for his involvement in a shooting that took place Tuesday in his hometown of Philadelphia. The shooting reportedly occurred outside a North Philadelphia bar owned by Harrison.

Colts coach Tony Dungy was asked about the reports Friday afternoon during a press availability after the first day of the team's rookie minicamp.

"My phone has been ringing too. I really don't have any details. I don't know what 'involved' means. I probably don't have any more information that you do right now," Dungy said.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

T.O. - NOT the same category as Pacman...not even close.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't care if people slow anything, this is what happens when people look to athletes that they don't know in real life as role models, shooter or not, from the article it's his gun the bullets are from, found the gun at the car wash he owns when he supposedly said the gun was at home, if all this is true what's next, "It was stolen, Officer".....

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

NFL Network just had a live news update. Not one mention of Marvin Harrison...

:scratch:

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They're probably trying to get all the facts first...

11. DawkinsINT

Who did that? I didn't. Read her post naming both of them, then read mine. My point was that no matter what happens with Harrison, it has nothing to do with either of those two. They don't instantly become great guys because of something another player did. 3 separate people.

12. Marvin don't play.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, I see what you're talking about, with all those arrests T.O. has had over the years...

14. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

never wouls expect that out of Harrison

15. DawkinsINT

Dude, you still don't get it. Separate people, different degrees of butthole. Nobody said TO is a lawbreaker. YOU were the one to bring TO into this, by the way.

I agree Sweets, athletes shouldn't be role models. Admire their play on the field, but we know nothing about them off the field for the most part.

16. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I don't get your point, Harrison hasn't been arrested. In fact the guy that got shot says Harrison WASNT the shooter.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Stop agreeing with me damn it, you're making both of us look bad...

shhhhh Mike there are some people who enjoy being blind to the badness of their heroes.

19. DawkinsINT

I'll slow my roll in the future. :beerchug:

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I thought the guy that got shot said he doesn't know who shot him...now he's saying for sure it wasn't Harrison? Damn I guess I gotta read those articles all over again damn it.