WR Adrian Arrington, A Repeat Of Colston?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by Saintsfan1972, May 12, 2008.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Wide receiver Adrian Arrington was already well aware of the Marques Colston success story when the New Orleans Saints came a calling in the seventh round of last month's draft.
    Colston went from small-school seventh-round pick to starter by the end if his first training camp in 2006. By the end of his first campaign, Colston transformed into a bona fide No. 1 receiver in the NFL.

Arrington, who was selected at No. 237 overall, said if he can produce anyway in the vicinity of what Colston has done his first two seasons in the league, the rookie wideout won't be complaining at all.

"That's one of the things (the team) was talking to me about how Marques came in and he was a late-round pick," Arrington said. "He came in here and got over 1,000 yards and a bunch of catches. So whether it's this year or down the line, I hope I can come in here and make those types of catches too."

The Sun Herald

2. Saintsfan1972

i still can't believe Arrington fell to us in the 7th

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

if they found another seventh round wr steal that would be amazing

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I was surprised as well that Arrington fell this far...

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

the first thing that comes to mind when i hear about A.A. is that catch behind his back. i like him more than his counterpart mario.

6. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I really can't believe that Arrington fell this far.

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

AA is going to be a monster pro IMO. i think that he has the ability to be a big time go to guy and as someone else said, I like him more so than Mario. AA catches almost anything thrown at him. Mario has the tendency to let it go a little bit, not a lot, but a little! He's still a stud but I don't think you can classify this as a Colston type deal. Noone knew what they were getting with the WR out of Hofstra. AA is a michigan man and people know what he can do because they saw it a lot! But i think AA can be great pick up!

8. happ

happ PECAVI

If he's half of what Colston is, it's a coup.

9. spent

spent TSZ Groupie

I say you send Colston to Tampa and we'll call it even ;)

10. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Are they going to say this every time they pick a reciever in the 7th round now:icon_rolleyes:

11. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Just when they find a legit talent like Arrington. It's hard to say any WR will have a rookie year like that of Colston's, because rookie WR by nature don't produce that much. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put out a good career, though.

12. Saintsfan1972

if 7th round WR's keep paying off....yes

13. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Impossible to tell whether or not he will turn out like Colston did. It's a serious long-shot. However, weirder things have happened. I certainly was shocked he fell so far.

14. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

a-freaking-men. i'm tired about hearing 'the next colston'.