The Green Bay Packers Thread

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by ollysj, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now you have a #1, #2 and #3 QB...which order the go is your guess...

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

#1 Brett Favre
    #2 Aaron Rodgers
    #3 Brian Brohm
    #4 Matt Flynn

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

fixed....

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

lol

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Inclulbus again.

Ithought about going there myself, but was tired of the Brett Favre talk so decided against it...funny crap though.

6. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Nice pick with Brohm. You guys draft QB's well.

We can't even come close to taking one. :hahano:

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Call Spent in Tampa, she may give you one of hers...

8. pitzj5971

pitzj5971 Starter

I love the first day picks for the Packers. Jordy Nelson is gonna be a beast for us, he is a great great pick and was very underrated. He is very versitle in great hands, good speed, good route runner, if he bulks up can be used in different roles like HB or maybe even TE. I dont know about him returning punts but he did have 2 touchdowns out of the 5 he fielded. This kids is gonna be a good one and with Jennings and Jones to go along with him this will be one of the best trios of WR in the NFL in the next couple of seasons.

Brian Brohm is a great value pick for the Packers, this kid was suppose to be top 10 pick last year if he came out. I think what scared scouts off was his down year going into a season with a new coach and scheme, also some injury concerns. If Rodgers cant handle the pressure, be a bust or get hurt this kid will step in and be very good for us. If Rodgers can be good then we just trade Brohm in a couple years for draft picks.

Patrick Lee, I dont know much about him but from reading up on him he is a good fit for what we are trying to do with our CBs and he will learn from a couple of the best in the business. He is a big physical CB that will imo take the nickelback spot this year but we will groom him for the future when Al and Woodson decide to hang them up or not become productive. I see Blackmon stepping up this year and becoming a big part of our defense and special teams. I see Blackmon and Lee as our two starters in teh near future but that all depends on Blackmon avoiding the injury bug.

The last pick I want to talk about is Jermichael Finley, this kid I see as a work in progress right now but becoming a force for our offense in the near future. He sorta reminds me of Gates with about the same build and both very athletic, both where offered bball scholarships to go along with football scholarships. But some maturity and recognition of his athletism will go along way with this kid. He will have a decent impact this year as our second TE and him streching the field. Very underrated pick here imo.

So overall I love this draft and got a few more weapons for Rodgers to help him succeed. I think we will have a very explosive offense with a good defense. Im really pumped for the Packers season but I gotta wait so I will just watch the Brewers in the mean time.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

He was a potential #1 pick last season. I think he's a great pick up for the Packers. Especially if Rodgers struggles in the next couple years.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

No way Favre comes back unless Rodgers, Brohm, and Flynn get hurt.

11. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Nothing new on the Packers? No rumours, no anything?

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

That Jimmy The Greek Award looks so funny in your Awards Showcase. He looks so proud of himself...

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He is :icon_cheesygrin:

14. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Who do you lot predict to be the odd RB out at the beginning of the year if they all stay healthy? I think Brandon Jackson and Grant are the only ones assured of a spot. I think Wynn will be the odd man out as he isn't that good of a RB, neither is Morency, but Morency plays alot of ST for us and can return kicks. As for Herron, he's a decent veteran to have and is pretty good on 3rd downs. Your thoughts?

15. pitzj5971

pitzj5971 Starter

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/05/20/1/

Harrel, Jolly and Blackmon are not going to be participating in OTA's along with Muir, Cole, Hodge, Kuhn, Stephenson and Humpherey will not be participating right away and either could sit out all or return for them.

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

From what I saw last season, I like Wynn more than Jackson, but it's hard to judge when both ahd been injured most of the season.

17. pitzj5971

pitzj5971 Starter

Can I ask you where you got your information on Morency can return kicks? I have never heard of him doing that and Im just curious to where you got that info.

Also I think it will be Morency the odd man out and possibly Wynn too if Lumpkin (UDFA) plays well. We need that big bruising back like Wynn to pick up that 3rd and short or 4th and short, and if Lumpkin shows up and does well Wynn is on his way out. To note MM has said that they will not keep a guy on the roster just because they play ST. Just keep that in mind.

I see why you would say that but if Wynn doesnt change his attitude and his work ethic. There is a reason why he has been injured often in his career. I like Jackson a lot more and he will challenge Grant for carries this year. It will go back to the days of Levens and Edgar Bennet. The two headed monster of Jackson and Grant is gonna be a good one. With the way Jackson played at the end of the year last year I would keep an eye on him and watch him grow before your very eyes.

18. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I'm pretty sure Morency returned kicks for us his first season here (2006 I believe)

19. pitzj5971

pitzj5971 Starter

packerboy you are correct that Morency did in fact return kickoffs in 2006, didnt touch one last year and is not a reason to keep him on the team.

20. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Well, we know you can't really predict what Thompson is going to do :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.