The Official Minnesota Vikings Thread

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by PurplePeopleEaters, May 22, 2008.

1. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

feel free to express how much you love the vikings!

tavarias jackson = top 10 qb of 2008!! :icon_smile:

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

With Favre retired, the Vikings will probably be the favorites according to if not all but most experts to take the NFC North in 2008. The addition of Jared Allen on that D-Line was huge. Granted I think the Vikings overpaid for Berrian, he's got good speed.

3. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Dr Z. just jinxed the Vikings. It's a shame, really.

4. fireben6000

fireben6000 Starter

Peterson=God

BTW, i dont think they over paid berrian, his speed makes him very useful.

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

no need to jinx them, without a QB, they're gonna suck. JDB2008 OR BUST!

6. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

:pukeface:

Not so fast... if Rodgers stays healty, the Packers have a hell of chance of winning the NFC North.. not saying SB.. but the division :icon_cheesygrin:

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i have no problems with people making a statement like TJ = top 10 QB. However, what makes you think that, lets get a discussion going about TJ's projections for this year.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't go that far. While I think the Vikings have a great shot at winning the division, the Packers still have a really, really good team. I think they still have enough pieces in place to win the division, but they'll need some average play from Rodgers. If he comes out and is awful, they'll lose the division to Minnesota. If Rodgers can come out and play average or above, the Packers will make a nice run...

I would rank him somewhere between 25-29...

Jackson is a project. He didn't play well towards the end of the season, put up rather dismal numbers throughout, but he reminds me of a skinnier, less polished Donovan McNabb that makes more mistakes. He has a real nice arm however, his accuracy drops off when he throws the long ball. He also gets the "happy feet" and rushes when under pressure leading to him throwing off his back foot. But his mistakes could be corrected and barring anymore injuries, he could have a productive year.

I'm thinking Jackson is one of those players that is riding the fence. He could fall either way right now.

9. PurplePeopleEaters

in the big scheme, jackson would be lucky to rank above 28. id taethe potentia of matt ryan over jackson. i'm a jackson hater.

the comment at the beginning is sarcastic!

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Dr. Z knows absoluity nothing about football. This is the same guy that picked the Bears to go 3-13 in 2005.

Like i've said before, 8-8 or 9-7 just may win this division in 2008.

11. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

n1 and ward nailed it. If Rodgers plays satisfactory, the Packers win. If Rodgers falters and Jackson plays average, the Vikings win it. I'd put my money on Rodgers upside before I'd put it on what we've seen from Jackson.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

If Jackson falters, remember, the Vikings got John David Booty waiting in the wings.

13. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

Oh. then they'll definitely make the Super Bowl!

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Didn't Jared Allen say they expect to go to the Super Bowl? LMAO

15. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Fixed. :laughpound:

16. PurplePeopleEaters

i'd be happy if jackson was ranked 22 out of 32!!!

17. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

18. DaBearsrule4ever

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

20. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Childs' career brought to its knees? | StarTribune.com
    Isn't this the same injury that ended Wendell Davis' career for the Bears in 93? Turf monster at the Vet got him.