49ers QB Alex Smith's "Last Chance" Season?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by WarEagle, May 23, 2008.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

The top pick of the 2005 draft begins his fourth season bound to his fourth offensive coordinator, his job possibly up for grabs and his franchise running out of time to turn the program around under the regime of general manager Scot McCloughan and coach Mike Nolan.

Source: USATODAY

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Young QBs are thrown into the fire way too fast now-a-days. That being said, he should learn from the mistakes he's made. Good luck to him.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The sad truth is that your right, time is needed for the qb today but is not given.

4. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Lets feel sorry for the rookie qb's who make 10 million a year.....you either perform or you don't...this sobfest is bullcrap.....he should have learned from his first two years...but he looked even worse in his 3rd year...thats not progression its regression...heck him and heck all the crybaby supporters....I pray to god he gets injured, the freaking douchebag needs to go find a new hobby, maybe croquet won't be too rough on his fragile ego...He sure doesn't approach this game like he has a job to do....he's already paid, so he just mails it in...

5. chiefswin19games

Who said this was a sobfest? My point was that rookie QBs start too early. I agree they're overpaid. Me wishing him luck was a positive comment. Obviously something you're not familiar with.

If you're referring to me as being a crybaby supporter then heck you too.

6. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I wish nothing positive on the leech....I wish everything negative on him....His crying to newspapers about Nolan calling him (in so many words) a cat was the last straw for wishing anything good to come out of his time here...for both of them...its like a freaking high school with these two running the show...

crybaby supporters = all the people saying he hasn't got a real shot, blah blah blah....if thats you, then yeah..thats who I was talking too...everything in life isn't handed to you on a silver freaking platter, you earn your dues and stand like a man...especially when your getting paid 10 mil a year to do it...

7. chiefswin19games

Alright then. It's like a said, he should learn from the mistakes he's made. I'm not a crybaby supporter in any sense for Smith. I don't mind the 49ers though so I hope he can turn it around for the team's sake this year.

8. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

it didn't help that he came from a BS offense in college that doesn't translate well into the NFL...

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!!! $10M/year...you have to show up!! This year will be a good judge. He's got a couple WR, he's got a TE, he's got a Running Game...if he hecks it up this season, it's all on him. PLUS he's got Martz' offense to pad his stats...

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This season is his defining year. No excuses. Do it or be gone.

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

it didnt' help that he was a frail weak minded/arm cat who was cloaked behind that bs offense as well..

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Do or Die! Time to earn it Babyes!!

13. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

:yeahthat: that would definitely set you back as well

14. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

If no-one is going to say it then I guess I will have to. You sound like 49ersnitch. This is the year to judge him cuz he is getting paid 10 million a year. If you knew your football, which I don't think you do, you would know he hasn't had the offense built around him. Besides Gore... name me one star player. Oh and don't give me VD. He shown flashes but isn't there yet. It all starts up front. Our o-line is amongst the worst in the league. If you cant keep a QB up right then he cant pbutt. Why you think he got hurt last season?
    Now we get Bryant Johnson and Issiac Bruce. One is an un-proven 1000 yard Wr and the other is an old man with 2 years left. This off season is one that will not help Alex succeed. I put the blame on Mike Nolan for the 9ers offensive woes. Instead of building around Alex...He goes and spends 3 drafts trying to build a 3-4 defense. He should of went with a 4-3 until we get a proven offense. With that being said...Here is to another losing season 9er fans.:icon_evil:

15. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Sorry to deflate the bubble you live in...but 49erBaby was a staunch Alex Smith supporter and made the same tired excuses...and how soon you forget he as a major nolan detractor (which we all are, but he used it as a crutch for Smith's inadequacies)...

You can make excuses for everything in life...if thats who you choose to be thats on you...but I prefer to support people who don't make excuses and overcome difficult situations with hard work and effort....something Alex Smith does neither of....his crying to the media was pathetic...he lost all credibility with his players and the fans with his display of whimpering....thats not a leader thats a crybaby..and the douchebag can take his act on the road somewhere else...

16. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

No matter who you put at QB... whether he be from the past, present, or the future... they would all fail. If you don't build around them. You really can't judge him. He never got the tools to succeed. Granted that we do have some ok WRs but our o-line is going to stink it up this year. How bad they play... we would be lucky to get 10 TD passes.

17. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I'd rather see Hill get a shot than run the same tired act out there....If he does just as bad, what do we lose? Nothing...It may vindicate Smith's "excuses" for being as bad as he has been...

18. KASSIE

KASSIE What's It to YA??

He needs to earn his keep... Enough said