The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

i was thinking the miami's 07 08 season but ok super bowl champs work good as well

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

if i had a sniper rifle at that game i would've taken out reid during that game. :icon_evil:

anywho - so the eagles fired their VP of player personnel and replaced him with an accountant ?

3. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Did they really? I don't know how surprising it is. Isn't it always business before personality on this team?

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No doubt. To this level it ridiculous though.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

my buddy just called me saying that WYSP said the eagles will have an announcment involving a WR today ???

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

roy williams

chad johnson

who do ya think

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

if this turns out to be true i'd want that first choice but settle for the latter.

8. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

i haven't heard anything on WIP

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

i havent heard anything on 950 either. i may have to tar a feather my friend. :icon_frown:

10. DawkinsINT

The only news so far is that they signed 4th round draft pick OG Mike McGlynn.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

They probably signed Dedon'tcare Jackson.

12. burnout2oo7

Maybe he mixed up Chad Johnson's comments about playing in Philly for a trade? :shrug:

I'd love to have Williams or Johnson here, but I honestly don't see it happening. Especially not without us hearing talks of a trade beforehand (no way Reid gives up anything without turning down offers/bargaining first).

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

well the owens trade came out of nowhere.

14. burnout2oo7

True. I don't put it past the front office to hide something like this from us, I just don't see Williams or Johnson being traded for anything that Reid would be willing to give up.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

and that's what our problem has been.

16. burnout2oo7

Maybe we should work on kidnapping them and changing their identity? :shrug:

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh great, westbrook is bringing up not being paid well again. we know how well the eagles handle these types of situations.

18. burnout2oo7

Really? Didn't he just make a statement that said he was going to honor the contract he signed? :shrug:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

he was interveiwed after the practice today and said that you'd hope as a premiere player you'd be taken care of for being one of the best players in the league like other teams do. kind of what he was saying last year ... i rarely ever take a players side in these situations but this guy is flat out your best player and the eagles need to learn how to take of this type of issue instead of their typical hardnosed stance. :icon_frown:

20. DawkinsINT

No doubt. Show him the money.