Griffey Hits #600

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by burnout2oo7, Jun 9, 2008.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Congrats to Griffey Jr. Out of the last three members to join the 600 HR club between himself, Bonds, and Sosa, Griffey is the biggest class act out of the three.

2. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Best player of this current generation. His numbers were better than Bonds in their respective primes. Plus he was the best CF which is a much more difficult position than LF.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

congrats to griffey. one of my all-time favorite players ! philly fans so wanted this record to be broke in our stadium that we booed our pitchers when they walked him which speaks volumes for junior's character.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

LMAO!!! Why am I not surprised? :lol:

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:icon_rolleyes:

About the standing ovation Griffey got or the fact that we wanted him to hit it?

"Oh no, boos! You horrible people!":icon_cry:

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah it's not like our pitchers got booed for bad pitching (both times were in crucial points) but we wanted to see a guy who is deserving reach a great milestone.

classic :icon_smile:

8. BengalStripes

BengalStripes Did you get that Al?

Rep!

9. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Congrats Griff :buttrock:

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

i own one jersey of an opposing player and it's one that was worn by one of my all-time favorite athlete's ever, walter payton. :rip:

i may just get a griffey jersey from his seattle days to add to that small collection. this guy was a joy to watch.

11. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

This is long overdue, but I wanna give mad props to Griffey for reaching this milestone. I think this deserved more attention than it actually recieved. After all, he's in a higher class than the last two guys that passed this mark, because, IMO, he didn't need any help, if you know what I mean!

12. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

I am definitely with you on this one. It seems that the media prefers reporting on the controversial players (Bonds, Sosa) over the guys with true character (Griffey, Jr). I guess they think the character guys aren't interesting enough, and that's a shame....