The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I agree that he deserves it and that the Eagles should pay the guy, but it doesn't sound like this will become a big deal. It's just one comment. He'll still go about his business.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i agree as far as westbrook goes - it's the eagles history when a player speaks up that worries me.

3. burnout2oo7

Andy Reid should get down on his knees and suck Westbrook's rod. Problem solved.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

:icon_smile:

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

To be honest... we all should

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

let's calm down.

7. burnout2oo7

:icon_eek:

Sick bastard.

Anybody hearing any good things about Abiamiri from camp?

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Woah...did this thread ever take an ugly turn. I'm a fan of Westbrook, but geez!

I haven't heard anything about Abiamiri, but I've given up on reports from camp. They're wrong way too often.

9. burnout2oo7

True. I'm really hoping he pans out to be what the team expects him to be. We would have a nice little three-headed monster on the defensive line with him, Juqua, and Cole.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

let's see if samuel and jackson are ready to go yet.

11. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

I heard Jackson if healthy but they said Samuels is still having problems.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

so misenelli is reporting that the eagles PR people eneded mcnabb's press conference the other day when he questioned if he would need time off for the shoulder saying there is no shoulder injury.

then today when reid was asked about his thoughts on mcnabb's durability he ripped the reporter saying he asked a bad question and cut the press conference.

man, this front office is really, really wearing out it's welcome in this town. the arrogance is pathetic. i so want reid out of here.

13. eaglesrule4ever

Wow, hes got tendinitis mcnabb always has problems even though he should recover from this quickly.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT.:eek:hboy:

15. burnout2oo7

I think that welcome has been worn out for a while. This front office has crapted on the fans' opinions for years now. Reid knows better than us when he doesn't work on his clock management and the front office knew better than us when they drafted Mamula over Sapp.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I hate snitching about solid contracts as much as the next guy... but we gotta kick Westy some cash. The guy is our horse.

Granted, he got a nice extension after he had one healthy season (not too long ago, his rep was that of a brittle punt returner that 'couldnt be a feature back'). He has proved them wrong, but the Eagles took a chance and gave him (I think) 25 mil.

I know players never will, but they really should be seeing it from both sides.

That's bullcrap. You face the music about the issue, you don't cut off the press conference. The people tuning in are paying your salary. Even if you answered the question 50 times, you answer it again.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's a tricky situation. I totally want the Eagles to be more forthcoming, but we also know how the media works. Any tiny snippet can lead into a huge story that isn't deserved. I can understand both sides of this.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

True, but the media will twist anything they want anytime they want, and this gives them just as much fire to write about then anything else.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think the main thing is that Reid has to stop being so smug and deceiving. They try to hide a lot of stuff and more times than not it gets out into the media...holding crap back only makes the story bigger when it finally gets out...

20. eaglesrule4ever

86ward makes a good point