Cubs Vs. White Sox In October?

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by WC Jerome, Jun 16, 2008.

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

2. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Angels-Phillies in the WS.

3. WC Jerome

What?! You don't have any faith in your south side hitmen?! :icon_biggrin:

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

the people in chi town would love a cubs white sox series.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

i agree with bears_88.

:icon_eek:

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

its gonna be marlina v.s rays in the first ever sunshine series.:icon_cheesygrin: i would have a pure joygasm if that happened.

7. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

dont get your hopes up. the Rays might make it. but the Marlins dont have a chance

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

thats why i said i would have a joygasm if that happened

9. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

it looks good now, but won't happen.

10. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

Gotta go with the Phillies and the Red Sox in the WS. Dont think there will be Cubs/White Sox series and I dont want to see one.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

i could see this. :icon_eek:

nobody outside of chicago would really care.

12. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I hope the Cubs don't make it to the World Series for obvious reasons and I don't see the White Sox making it. It's plausible at this point, but I don't see it happening. The Sox still need to prove they are for real, and while I can easily see them winning the division, I don't now if I can see them winning a series against Tampa Bay, Anaheim (yeah, I called them Anaheim), or Boston.

13. WC Jerome

Wow! What a surprise there! :icon_rolleyes:

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

obviously you do not know the history.

15. burnout2oo7

Why the sarcasm? That's the most surprising thing I've seen on here in a while.

16. WC Jerome

Hey, y'all. I don't have any bad feelings towards the Fighting Phils, I just have confidence that 2008 might finally be the year for the North Siders!!! That's all. :icon_biggrin:

17. burnout2oo7

I don't think it's hard to see why you think that. It's so early and so much can change come September or even July 31 (with trades), but I think we could be looking at a Cubs-Phillies NLCS.

18. WC Jerome

I can't argue with anything you just said. Being a Cub fan for as long as I have, I know that they still have a long way to go. I'm just trying to enjoy the moment for right now. Having said that, I do think they are definitely the class of the NL Central and will eventually cruise to another division crown. And I could definitely see a playoff match-up with Philadelphia. After all, i think the Phillies are the 2nd best team in the NL. :icon_cheesygrin:

19. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Hey, if New York could have their Subway World Series in 2000, then why not a Crosstown Classic World Series between the White Sox/Cubs?

20. WC Jerome

Well said, DB4e! Now there's something that a Cub fan & a Sox fan can agree on. :icon_biggrin: