Steinbrenner's Wang Gets Injured Prompting Hissy Fit

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smeags, Jun 17, 2008.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

A Steinbrenner in a hissy fit? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

3. BengalStripes

BengalStripes Did you get that Al?

NL FTW!!!

4. DaBearsrule4ever

Hey Hank, NOBODY besides anybody in the Yankees orgization and Yankee fans care what you have to say, so SHUT UP!!!

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

The DH is one of the reasons baseball doesn't get the respect it deserves from a lot of people. It just makes the athlete's look lazy.

So your pitcher got hurt running. It's a sport. He could have done the same thing running to first to cover the bag. If he can't handle running 360 feet, then that is his problem. No rules need to be changed.

I also love how he targeted the rule that would make him sound like a cry baby and a snitch. If he had said "We need to get rid of interleague play", he might have gotten some support.

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I'm a Yankee fan, but Steinbrenner has to understand that every player goes through injuries. If I were him, I'd shut up right now.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

It's just hilarious to see whether it be daddy or Hank himself go into a panic, especially when it's too early.

8. Brooklyn

Brooklyn AKEKEKEKEKE!!!

weeeeeee

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Screw Steinbrenner and the DH. That rule blows and has forever. 90% of the coaching strategy goes out the window with the DH in the lineup...

10. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

good point aobut the DH spot on AL teams. I never thought of it that way

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

The DH rule is a joke that was introduced in the 70's to try to raise scoring in the Al games...it remains a joke to this day..

12. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

I had to comment because the title of the thread made me laugh.

If your a 30 year old male, getting paid millions to play a professional sports, and cant run without hurting yourself....

find a new job.

As much as I like the DH....it needs to go away.