Who Goes #1 In 2008 FF Drafts?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Dec 28, 2007.

?

Who should go #1 in FF 2008 drafts?

1. Adrian Peterson

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. LaDanian Tomlinson

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  3. Brian Westbrook

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Willie Parker

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Tom Brady

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. Payton Manning

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Randy Moss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (please specify)

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

LT with a no doubt, most consistent high scorer. Consistency wins fantasy championships, not stars, In good leagues it's the most consistent scorer that wins, not always the guy with the best players.

AP and S-jax are locks at 2 & 3 and really do not see how S-Jax is not on this list

Westbrook is awesome, but if your league does not all for ppr (points per reception) then he drops a little bit.

2. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

Awww i am so saddened, I have Both LT and AP in a Keeper League :/ last year i drafted AP in round 5, and then i traded 4 people for LT when some dudes team was like all injured

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

who the hell would take Willie Parker #1
    thats stupidity

4. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I can only think that people will be taking Brady or LT with the first pick, but I know that with my first pick in my FF drafts (whether it be #1 overall or not) I will be aiming to draft Adrian Peterson.

5. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I drafted LT first last year and he was very disappointing. He wasn't nearly as dominate has his previous year. I would draft Westbrook. He is more valuable IMO:icon_cheesygrin:

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

LT was a dog for the first 6 or 7 weeks last year

Ive never taken a QB first before

7. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I drafted LT in 1 league (i remember someone tried to offer Jackson and nothing else the day after:lol:)
    He came good in the end after a a bit of a slow start.

I still think it has to be LT for now but this could be the last year.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I drafted LT first last year and he actually had very little to do with me winning my Championship. It was more the trades that I made for Brett Favre and one for Jamal Lewis. I went a couple weeks where I started Lewis over Tomlinson.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I still like Westbrook best because he consistently scores high. Rarely does he have an off week. The league I play in counts a lot for recieving yards and catches also. Which I think is cool because it rewards the entire package of a player. AP and LT aren't as consistent in my book. I certainly wouldn't turn down either of them on my team but I've had Westbrook the last couple years and just love having him on my team.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Both Westbrook and Tomlinson can score from anywhere on the field by either reception or rush. Peterson isn't a big receiving guy.

If you enter PPR into the mix, then you need to start throwing Reggie Wayne and company into the conversation as some of the top picks, but Westbrook and Tomlinson would still get the nod over them.

The only way you put Parker #1 is if your league offers bonus points for long TD's. Even then, he's not guaranteed them and Westbrook and Tomlinson can do the same.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

while doing some research for last years draft
    I stumbled across a site that had the following guys taken number 1 in various drafts

Julius Jones, Matt Leinart, Brandon Jacobs, and this one really threw me for a loop
    Eli Manning

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

:eek:hboy:

Was that maybe a keeper league and those players were the only ones left?

13. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

LT the only reason id take AP is if i want 2nd place to win

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

thats the only LOGICAL explaination

15. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

most likely they were just taking the piss

16. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

In a PPR league I'd take Westbrook #1 over LT.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think I may agree, but I'm not sure I'd actually pull the trigger on that one...

18. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I need to find a league this year :icon_confused:

19. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

there are leagues where douchebags get two teams to win free leagues and tank the other team, seeing those names on a list that probably polls thousands if not more leagues is not a surprise.

Also Westbrook is consistent, but more valuable in a ppr league.

Again no mention of Stephen Jackson, I am more than a bit surprised

20. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

LT will get run untill he drops now that Turner is in atlanta.