Is Dawkins A Hall Of Fame Saftey

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by ball in the baskett, Jun 27, 2008.

?

Will dawkins make the hall of fame

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dident say there isnt others with intensity but none will match his. He turns into a beast when he steps onto the field.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I say yes...

3. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

and I said there are lots that play with just as much.

4. ball in the baskett

Eh everyone has there own opinion. So cant really make an argument for it lol.

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I don't think it's even a debate. He's a future hall of famer. Like many have said, not first ballot, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be in the hall.

I also feel attitude and the way you play the game should be considered when looking at a candidate, but even if you didn't, Dawkins has the credentials to be in Canton.

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Yes he'll make it. First ballot nope.

7. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

The only thing that keeps him from a 1st ballot nomination would be his tendancy to be injury-prone at times. That's my opinion. Aside from that fact, he would be a 1st ballot shoe-in.

8. Ridin Burgundy

and he doesn't have a ring.

9. ball in the baskett

That doesent mean anything alot of players are in the hall without a ring.

10. Ridin Burgundy

Yes but it can make a difference between being first choice and not.

11. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

It's unfortunate, but true in many cases in the past. For instance, the Falcons monster LB Tommy Nobis who played in the 60's and 70's should have been a 1st ballot guy. But because he had no championships he still isn't in the Hall. :icon_evil: Larry Csonka has been quoted saying that he would much rather have gotten hit by Bears LB twinky Butkus than by Tommy Nobis. Zonk said he had his bell rung more times than he wanted to recall by Nobis.

Here is part of that quote...

Miami Dolphins great, running back Larry Csonka commented, "I'd rather play against twinky Butkus than Nobis," and Falcon’s coach Norm Van Brocklin once pointed to Nobis’ locker and proclaimed, “There’s where our football team dresses.”

Source

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

What a great quote by a great player.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gotta love the guys that go off the stat page alone...:icon_lol:

QFT!

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

No doubt...

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

how is bradshaw a terrible argument ? :icon_eek: he's the perfect argument to the point i was debating about not comparing today's players to those from the 70's.

you're wrong about reed over dawkins at this point in his career but that's ok it's america. you obviously put no stock into reed having some of the best defensive talent around him his entire career.

c'mon man, you're better than this. you're borderlining darren status with this silliness.

eventhough stats are a huge part of what gets you into the HOF they are only the tip of the iceberg when you compare players at the same level but you gotta love the guys that ignore stats and think they mean nothing, especially when it buries their opinion. :icon_cool:

edit - just to be clear on my opinion on this - while i do think dawkins deserves to be in the HOF i am not sure he will make it considering only (6) true safeties have to this point.

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

baskett proves once again why you shouldn't feed paint brush bristles to your kids

17. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

18. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

19. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

definitely not first ballot. hall should be for special players. what has he done thats special?

20. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

No way! This isn't baseball. In order to get into Canton you have to be great. An I mean great. Being a star isn't enough. If you're a QB/RB/WR/TE, you have to win a title or come close to doing so, break records, be the best in the league at your position, AND be a star. Defensively, you have to change the game. Change the game, break records, be a beast, be a star, own everyone and everything around you, and lead your team to the playoffs and beyond! Dawkins, I still think it's too soon to tell, but at this point, no freaking way does he make it to the hall. He's like the fourth best safety in the league behind Sanders, Reed, and Polamalu. Sorry, but asking that is like asking if...if...if Jeremy Shockey will be in the hall of fame. It's Crazy!