2008 Olympic Games

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by Garnett, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

The Olympic trials are underway in the US for the upcoming Beijing games. I'm very much looking forward to these Olympics. I love almost all of the events. Track & Field, Swimming, Weight Lifting, Basketball, all of the combat stuff. I'll even watch some gymnastics.

Anyone else been following along? Who are you looking to see compete? Any event that you think will be very exciting?

I'll provide some of the stories I like to follow later on.

2. Brooklyn

Brooklyn AKEKEKEKEKE!!!

men wering tight things

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i love watching the track and field events espically the distance events because that is what i competed in for 8 years. i am also looking forward to watching the basketball and swimming

4. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I love the Olympics. I'm looking forward to Phelps swimming mostly, I want to see if he can repeat his last Olympics.

5. nastynate184

he was looking solid in the trials this evening

men's 800 was the race of the night with out a doubt crap gave me chills

6. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

what channel are yall watching this on??? i havent seen anything on tv. I just hope our Basketball team doesnt choke this time around.

7. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

go give shante a flea dip....

2008 Olympics is going to be awesome! Our weightlifting crew is a good one, be ready for complete domination!

8. nastynate184

track and swimming have been on usa and nbc usually pretty late since the track is going on out it oregon. Bernard Lagat gives the USA mens distance team a legit shot at a medal for the first time in a really long time

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Womens gymnastics.

'nuff said.

10. nastynate184

ususally made up for girls 16 and under :icon_eek:

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Lagat said he has to trick himself when running the 5k to stay with the pace of the others so he doesn't go out too fast. He has a good shot at 1500m and 5000m. Especially considering he ran for Kenya in the last Olympics.

Swimming has been on USA at 8pm est w/ Track & Field on at 11pm est on USA this week for the trials.

Did anyone see Tyson Gay run the wind aided 9.68 100m?

12. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Michael Phelps and Katie Hoff from Maryland. Will be watching swimming, and as much as I can.

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Michael Phelps becoming even more of a legend.

14. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

The 100 should be great this time.

I'm looking forward to see all the great US sprinters heck up on the relay as usual and let our crap guys win:icon_cheesygrin:

Some of the gymnastics is just incredible.

15. nastynate184

that crap was freaking awesome fastest a human has ever ran

16. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Yep, he's perfectly built for it too. A tall guy with a very long torso, and flippers for feet.

17. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I love the summer olympics. I'll be most interested in baseball, basketball and the swimming events.

I'm planning on doing some vbookie bets for most of the events if any of you guys think it would go over ok.

18. nastynate184

i think that sounds cool

here is the video of the mens 800 final if anyone that didn't see it wants to it is a freaking awesome race
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT80GzYb4b4[/MEDIA]

19. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

but it didn't count:icon_wink:

20. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I just hope my country brings home one medal :icon_redface: