Who Goes #1 In 2008 FF Drafts?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Dec 28, 2007.

?

Who should go #1 in FF 2008 drafts?

1. Adrian Peterson

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. LaDanian Tomlinson

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  3. Brian Westbrook

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Willie Parker

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Tom Brady

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. Payton Manning

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Randy Moss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (please specify)

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i think lt is still the smart choice

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

They still have sproles and with the acqusition of chambers who will be there the whole year now and the emergence of Vincent Jackson along with Gates, I think LT will be fine.

He is the only RB in the history of the NFL to have statistically 6 elite seasons, emmit only had 5 and is the second most of all time. LT has at least 1-2 more top level years left possibly 3-4, with a couple more mediocre years at the end.

He is the safest choice and really only player deserved of the #1 spot in fantasy drafts. I have theories about how much a RB is used in one season and what they do after a heavy workload.

Players that get heavy workloads rarely repeat the stats and most of the time never even come close to those stats again.

LT's down years are some players career years, he is the #1 until further notice

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

if i get the #1 pick im taking AD...but thats cause im hardcore and live on the edge. i drafted him in the third last year....they called me crazy

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be a hardcore pick, but a bad pick nonetheless. IMO.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Tomlinson is still the safest bet at #1, imo.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree. The only argument I would accept would be Westbrook, Brady in a pass heavy league or Moss in a PPR heavy league. In our league, the WR's are more valuable than the norm because we get bonus points for length of TD catch and bonuses for receptions...

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

It all depends are your league rules. If you aren't familiar with the specifics of your league, you are doomed to fail. In a PPR league Westbrook has got to be considered for #1 pick and WRs should be rated higher too.

8. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I love Westbrook but I don't think many people would dare pick him #1. He's the perfect choice when you have the third to fifth pick.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Never a smarter thing said in regards to Fantasy Football...

10. K Train

yeah and 2 years ago everyone took shaun alexander 1 and larry johnson 2....that worked out wonderfully. safe pick isnt always a good pick

11. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Exactly. High risk = High reward.

Take Adrian Peterson.

12. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

I voted Fast Willie. Just because. LT should get it. He's the best player in the league in any format.

13. K Train

i dont even know how willie made the list, he should never be mentioned with any of those guys

14. mike oxlong

he made it and s-jax didn't, that is ridiculous.

SA and LJ had concerns going into their seasons with deteriorating olines. LT's is still damn good and they finally have some weapons around LT. LT is one of those guys like Emmit or walter payton, a guy that just produces. In fantasy where soooo much is unpredictable, you would be foolish to take anyone else, AD being the only exception for this year.

15. K Train

im not saying LT isnt a great RB and would be a great pick yet again....but if i had the #1 pick im letting him slip to #2 this year

16. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

I am taking LT everyday and twice on Sunday until he fails big time in a season.

17. mike oxlong

K just remember that AD had most of his points in 2 huge games, and scored 7 of his 12 TD's against the Lions and Bears.

He had a bunch of crap games and disappeared in fantasy playoffs, I'm not saying AD doesn't warrant consideration at the top slot, but buyer beware, especially if McKinnie is suspended for any length of time. One more is that if the passing game goes nowhere, well, even LT can't run against 8-9 in the box, i'm just saying.

18. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

lol. joke. who you gonna take? ap? lol.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT!

Aside from those two games, Peterson was nothing better than a 3rd/4th Round back.

20. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Payton Manning? LOL