Will Favre Play In 2008?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by ravenfan52, Jul 2, 2008.

?

Will Brett Favre Play in 2008?

1. Yes

11.8%
  2. No

88.2%
  1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Bottom line: Will Brett Favre play in 2008?

2. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

3. ravenfan52

Poll: Will Favre Play In 2008?

Thanks wide right, for merging the threads.

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

threads merged.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

No he needs to stay away already.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

No. Not in 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18...maybe 2019. maybe.

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i don't see a who cares option, so I didn't vote

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

no he is done and the sooner the goobered articles about his agent wanting him to come back or former teammates saying he is going to come back the better

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

He needs to stay away. It's pretty sad though that the franchise that made him a legend doesn't even want him. Then again, I look at it as the Packers are moving on with the future which is aaron Rodgers. This Brett Favre BS is not even fair to Rodgers. He's got two years remaining of a five year deal and he hasn't even started a game yet in his career. Just when he thinks he's getting his chance, BOOM, this drama pops up.

10. ravenfan52

I was going to post another one about his family thinking there was a 50-50 chance and that he's staying in shape but feels unwanted by Thompson and has the past couple of years.

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

No, he is done. Bottom line. End it.

12. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

so true.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

His family will want him to play until he's dead.

Yeah, that would be a better option, lol.

14. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I think he'll play in some sort of part-time league, but the NFL? Nope.

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

the real question is will he play with himself, His wife is betting yes as she has obviously turned into the seahag from popeye cartoons.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Okay...yesterday I said no freaking way. Today I am doing a 180 and saying yes. He's coming back, just not with Green Bay. Let's look at the facts...that we know...
    • Favre has not filed his retirement papers. According to NFL Radio, Strahan has. It's not uncommon for players to wait, however, it's somewhat relevant.
    • Favre's Agent contacted the Packers about coming back. They denied him. He asked for Favre's release.
    • Favre's Agent isn't just going all rogue on Favre, he's telling Cook to do this...so something is going on.
    So if Favre does come back to play in somewhere other than Green Bay...which again, I think there is ZERO percent chance he comes back to the Packers. One, they'd have one of the bigger distractions of the decade on their hands. Two, they'd have to go into the locker room and tell half the team they'd have to take a pay cut and the other half that they are no longer needed with Favre's $12M cap number...I think the most logical fit would be Tampa Bay.

Tampa is on the brink of being a serious contender, they are in the south and in warm weather, both of which Favre would love. Favre knows the offense and the coaching staff there very well and has an extremely good relationship with Gruden. I think if anywhere, he lands there. I could see him going to the Panthers as an outside possibility. Minnesota and Chicago...no way.

So right now, I'll say yes...he's coming back...just don't know when. Before 2019.

17. ravenfan52

Oh, please. You care. You care a lot, vikings fan.

18. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, Favre's agent asked the Packers to release him and was DENIED.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

So technically, come the first day of camp, Favre can show up and start getting paid and really eff the Packers.

20. ravenfan52

No...He's still on the reserved/retired list, they don't have to let him practice. Their options are

1) activate him and play him and lose money
    2) release him and save money
    3) trade him and save money
    4) activate him and use him as Rodgers' backup and lose money