The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No doubt. There's a reason why those scenes got cut.

2. DawkinsINT

I watched Schindler's List for the first time in forever. Great movie. During some of the horrible death scenes I couldn't help but chuckle thinking of Seinfeld though. "You made out during Schindler's List?".

3. DawkinsINT

After weeks of seeing Kate Hudson in a bikini on a poster at Blockbuster, I broke down and watched Fool's Gold. I would have been better off just buying the poster.

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

you might not have know matthew mcconaughey was in that, and he is almost unwatchable

5. DawkinsINT

Sadly, I did. I have no excuses.

6. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

actually, he wasn't bad in "Frailty." that was a bad butt movie

7. DawkinsINT

I thought he was pretty good in A Time To Kill and Dazed And Confused as well.

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

he was amazing in both of those movies but that is it

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

he even did alright in that sports betting movie, but dude is more tolerably with a shirt on, Hudson in a bikini hypnotized you. MM looked unbearable in the previews

10. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Apocalypto - I thought it was great, may even buy it one day. I think there aren't enough movies about these time periods.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i thought it was pretty good...........

watched monento agaisn and damn that movie is great also watched FIDO great zombie movie

12. nastynate184

billy madison

13. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Do you have anymore gum?

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The Incredible Hulk!!!!

Awesome freaking movie!!!

I can't wait for the sequel...

I wonder how that is gonna work out with the Iron Man sequel...

15. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

If you are talking about the one with Guy Pearce, it's one of my favorite movies. I watched it five times in a row and once in chronological order to try and figure everything out once. I thought I came pretty close but there were still a few holes and I gave up.

My theory is that he actually hated his wife and created his own motive so that he would have a romantic quest to live out. I can't remember all of my evidence, but I remember every flashback he has of his wife is negative (ie. her crying, slamming napkins down, looking out the window anxiously, the argument they have of her reading the same book over and over again, etc.). There's also the fact that he burns all of the things from those flash backs in order to "forget how he loved her" even though all of those things (such as the book) had negative meanings in the flashback. There's also the obvious "My wife used to call Lenny...I hated it".

There is a lot of evidence of him creating not only his own memories, but own reality. A famous one is Teddy's license plate number. He writes it down, but his 1s and I's are similar. When he gets the tattoo, the woman reads the I as a 1 (or vice versa, can't remember) and gives him the wrong LP number. However, when he compares it to Teddy's license plate number later (and when we see Teddy's car at Dodd's hotel), the number on his tattoo is correct. There are others I found as well. When tracking down Dodd at his hotel, he reads the name of the hotel incorrectly off the paper Natalie gives him, however, when he pulls up to the Hotel, the name of it is the one he read, not the one written down. Then there are small things such as pictures changing on second look (Natalie's house, picture of her and her BF).

There was also something that led me to believe he was completely faking his condition. At Natalies house, she tries to rip up a Polaroid photo unsuccessfully and he blurts out, "you have to burn them". However, at this point, it has been a long time since he has burned a photo and he should not remember that. The director didn't put that in there for no reason at all, but I can't decide if it is meant to be proof that Lenny burns them a lot (because he has found John G more than once) and thus it has become a mechanical memory or if it is a hint at Lenny faking everything.

You could have a great discussion about that movie. I really want to open a thread about it, but I don't know if enough people here have seen the movie.

16. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i ahve seen it twice and woud have to see alot more to catch all these new details you have unveiled

17. Banyaaz

Banyaaz Video Drone

I watched The Ruins...it was garbage....pure garbage

18. nastynate184

that movie looked horrible

19. RAF Eagle

RAF Eagle yup yup

The Incredible Hulk: 8/10
    This was a weird one cause I didn't want to like it as I'm a big fan of the original one, but I knew i'd like it as Edward Norton is always awesome. The Hulk did look a LOT better to be fair, he didn't do the whole Growing when he got angrier, but his shade of green looked a lot better, and the general body and like muscles looked a LOT better to be fair aswell.

The bad guy was pretty cool to, wasn't highly original, basically the Hulk part deux, and this kind of storyline has been used time and again but alas like all the others it worked and worked well. The only bad point is the guy who played General Ross in the HULK p**ses all over this new guy which was a shame (and although Live Tyler is fit as, she wasn't as good as the girl in the first one either). Apart from that a good film

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Knocked Up.