The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Caddyshack...so freaking funny...

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

New York Doll - 4 of 5 stars
    This is a documentary about Arthur 'Killer' Kane from the New York Dolls and his life during and after being a member of the band. It's pretty sad, but very good. You don't have to be a New York Dolls fan to enjoy this.

3. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

saw "Cassandra's Dream," a new Woody Allen movie that just came out on DVD while i was out of town. very good morality tale that questions how far you would go for family, love and money.

it's definitely no "Crimes and Misdemeanors," but i really enjoyed it and may have to buy it one of these days

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You got that right!

Compare this...
    [​IMG]

to this...

[​IMG]

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

watched freedom writers last night and really enjoyed it

6. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Lesser Evil - Caught this on IFC over the weekend and it was pretty damn good. I'd give 3.5 out of 5.

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Idiocracy - this movie got zero hype and released in like 2 theatres, which was too bad because it was freaking hilarious

Its about this guy who goes to a doctor and is injected with this stuff that is supposed to make him sleep for a month and it makes him sleep for 500 years. When he wakes up, he is the absolute smartest person on the planet. The human race has gone backwards and he can barely communicate with people because they speak this ghetto/TV/crazy talk.

4.5/5

8. spent

spent TSZ Groupie

fool's gold, not too impressed either

9. Banyaaz

Banyaaz Video Drone

I watched....Stop Loss (eh....typical war movie)....Bank Job with Strathem (it was really kool) and now I'm watching the Air I Breathe.....good cast, we shall see.....anyone here into the tv show Weeds?

10. nastynate184

i love weeds

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Atonement- I don't know why this movie won all these awards. I thought they completely rushed the romance between Kiera and the dude and I didn't feel like they really even LIKED each other. They also killed a crapload of time where the dude is at the army camp wandering around for 20 minutes. Seriously, they couldn't have used that time to build up the relationship the whole movie was built on??? Oh, and the ending was weak.

2 stars.

'Oh, I see what's goin' on here... so SORRY to interrupt!!... Proceeeeed.'

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The Inside Man.

9 out of 10, freaking awesone

Only 1 of 2 movies ever that made me want to bang Jodie Foster (Maverick was the other)

I saw Rambo 4 too. Wasnt corny enough IMO. It was cool when people were getting raped and blown apart point blank by .50 cals. But other than that it was just boring

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Pretty good summary.

I also give it a 4.5/5

I am not the biggest Wilson brothers fan, but Luke seemed great with a backdrop of idiots!!!

:lolsign:

14. mike oxlong

rambo 4 rocked and there was tons and tons of violence, I think you must have missed some of it. right from the beginning it was violent. I actually liked that they didn't make it corny, that would have just made it hard to watch.

15. nastynate184

i loved rambo 4

just saw hancock it was good had some funny moments

16. DawkinsINT

In Bruges - 4.5 of 5 stars. :buttrock:
    What a great film. It had action, violence, and hilarious line after hilarious line. The three leads (Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes) were fantastic. Ray's obsession with midgets (dwarfs) will keep me laughing for a long time.

Paranoid Mike, you have to see this if you haven't yet. I think it's right up your alley.

17. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

NICE!!! it's on my Netflix queue, i'll be sure to move it up to the top

18. DawkinsINT

Definitely move it to the top. I can't wait to hear your opinion of it.

19. mike oxlong

Things we lost in the Fire

Gripping drama about a woman (hale barre) who loses her husband who is killed in a tragic incident and its about her struggles to overcome the loss and his best friend's (benicio del toro) struggles to overcome a heroin addiction

Awesome acting, great writing, wonderful, wonderful film, touching, heartfelt, seemed real.

4.5/5

one of the best straight up dramas I have seen in awhile.

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I have had that movie sitting on top of my dvd player for about a week.

I had no idea what it was about, and have been skipping over it at least once a day.

I guess it just got the bump it needed!

[​IMG]