Buy Or Sell. The 76ers Are Now Legitimate Contenders

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Jihad Joe, Jul 9, 2008.

?

Are the 76ers legit

1. Yes

52.6%
  2. No

26.3%
  3. I gotta see how Brand play's coming off his injury before I decide

21.1%
  1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

With the addition of Brand, do you think the 76ers are good enough to go toe to toe with Boston, LA, San Antonio, or any other top dog in the NBA?

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think they're much improved, but I can't put them on the same level with Boston or the other top dogs yet.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im a longtime C's fan, and I really dont know about that. Alot has to do with how he and Dalembert mesh inside. If Dale doesnt have to worry about offence, he will be much more effective.

Brand also makes Miller or any PG that can create a much more useful player

4. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

If Brand can stay healthy......

5th place in the east.
    I dont see them up on Boston/Cleveland/Detroits level with just that move.

5. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

I think that says it best.

6. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I think they can beat out Cleveland and Detroit, as long as Brand plays as well as he used to.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He made us alot better but i dont think we will make it to the finals.

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

No where near contenders. Elton Brand is a bad dude, just 76ers are too young, and about 2 players away from being contenders. Especially with Boston, Detroit, And Cleveland Lebron's.

9. ball in the baskett

The only thing that really worrys me is our bench.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If Brand stays healthy and the same goes for the whole team, I gotta buy this.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

At this point they still don't have enough outside shooting.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm excited for them, but I'm not a huge basketball fan. Iverson's comments were cool. I don't know if you guys heard them or not...

He basically had this advice for Brand: "Play every game like it's your last, that's all the fans in Philadelphia want. They're the greatest fans on the earth."

I probably paraphrased a little, but that's roughly what A.I. said. I miss that little tatooed hood-rat.

13. ball in the baskett

lol hes still my favorite all time player cause he plays with heart.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

He also told Brand that he didn't have to practice.

15. ball in the baskett

lol repped

Practice we talkin about practice not a game not a game we talkin about practice.

16. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

I know this. It seems like the balance of power is starting to shift to the East over the last couple years with KG, Ray Allen, and now Elton Brand, just to name a few, making the switch.

17. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think the 76ers greatly improved with this move but i dont think they are contendors for the East. With how Boston is I dont know who is in the East

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

The sixers are one Boston injury away from being contenders

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

this move puts the sixers in contention no doubt. they need to get an outside shooter to put them on the same level as boston though. not sure were we are going to get that but i would make a play for rip hamilton. dumars is going to make some moves and he may become available. i'd do a sign a trade and send iggy there for rip and a pick. we would take boston for the east.

right now though i would put them againt cleveland anyday. james is pretty much counting his days there and the rest of them team does impress me. the pistons are still legit to make a run but again i see dumars making some moves that could change that.

20. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

^ Detroit is talking trade with Houston for McGrady. Not sure who the other parties would be.