What Should The Packers Do About Brett Favre?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Chrisbob, Jul 14, 2008.

?

What's the best option for the Packers with Brett Favre

Poll closed Jul 28, 2008.
  1. Bring him back, make him the starter

12.5%
  2. Bring him back, allow him to battle for the starting job

6.3%
  3. Hold his rights and allow him back if need be but he'll re-retire

18.8%
  4. Give him his release

21.9%
  5. Trade him

34.4%
  6. Other (please state)

6.3%
  1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

There are loads of Brett Favre threads about but rather than sift through them, I thought a poll might be easier.

Basically, vote and opine on what the Pack should do about Favre.

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i say relaese him i mean after all the years he has given them they should just release and do him dirty and hold him hostage

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

other - send him a year's worth of midol. :icon_cheesygrin:

seriously though - trade him. assuming he would re-do his current deal with his next team anyway. no way do you release him. no way at all.

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

trade him

to the ravens

:icon_cheesygrin:

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Trade him to the AFC.

6. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

He never officially retired so if he wants to stay with the Packers he should resume his old role as the starting QB. I don't think even the Packers would disagree that he gives them the best chance to win and make the playoffs. With that said it is pretty pathetic how Favre is basically holding the Packers hostage every off-season with his decision making.

7. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Call Parcells and trade him for Jason Taylor.

8. dolphindude13

I'd go for that!

9. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

Welcome back Brett!!

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's the issue i can't get beyond. he seems to get the urge to comeback after the draft and always causes a distraction for the team and causes madden to have cardiac arrest.

11. 4STARRFAN

4STARRFAN Rookie

How is Favre holding them hostage. If the Packers don't want to be "held hostage" they can release him. They are holding themselves hostage by refusing to let him go. Now they are stuck with a Hall of Fame QB. Crap, that's an awful problem to have.

12. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Bring him back, allow him to battle for the starting job. That's what I have been saying all along. Rodgers has proved nothing yet and Brett is the Packs best chance at winning a SB.

And for everyone who is getting down on Favre for this - from what I have been reading in the local papers, he really didn't want to retire in the first place, he did it cuz his wife wanted him too.

People - not just althletes retire and change their minds all the time, I personally don't think it's as big a deal as the media is making it out to be.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

he has held them hostage the last couple of years by not letting them know of his decision to retire or not until after the draft. now he's pulling this bullcrap. HOF qb or not he's nothing but an ttention tramp at this point.

also, how is the team holding themselves hostage becasue they just don't release him ? that would be flat out assinine. if a team wants to trade for him and pay him $39mil the pack should hold out for that. if that doesnt happen then they are within their rights to hold onto him.

well maybe he should stop proving to the world that his wife and family come second and spend more time with the woman he almost lost ?

just sayin'

14. dolphindude13

He's holding them hostage because he waits till July or August every year to announce whether or not to play again. The organization is basically in limbo until Favre announces that he will play, which is well past the draft, free agency and other dates to where they COULD have addressed the QB situation HAD Favre decided to retire.

15. n1gbpackfan

Maybe his wife should be more supportive of her husband and allow him to do the job he loves.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

she already did, while she went through breast cancer, wtf else do you want from her ?

17. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:word:

18. n1gbpackfan

He was supportive of her when she went through her treatments. This has nothing to do with it. She is healthy now, ( as far as the public knows), their kids are grown. If he wants to play another year or two - WHY now does she NOT want him to play?

19. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

-He's older and could get hurt. He's made it this far and hasn't missed a game. Why push it. At this point of their lives she just can't deal with that happening.
    -He's accomplished a lot including a Super Bowl and has nothing left to prove.
    -To continue playing would be satisfying only his own personal ego and not taking into account how others including his wife, teammates, the organization, and management feel about it.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

trying to make his wife look like the villan here is really, really weak.

1st off this has nothing to do with her - i merely pointed out your flawed thinking. secondly it's all about his ego - nothing more nothing less.