What Should The Packers Do About Brett Favre?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Chrisbob, Jul 14, 2008.

?

What's the best option for the Packers with Brett Favre

Poll closed Jul 28, 2008.
  1. Bring him back, make him the starter

12.5%
  2. Bring him back, allow him to battle for the starting job

6.3%
  3. Hold his rights and allow him back if need be but he'll re-retire

18.8%
  4. Give him his release

21.9%
  5. Trade him

34.4%
  6. Other (please state)

6.3%
  1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

its flawed in your eyes right bc you dont agree with it.......everything is flawed

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

no it's flawed because releasing him and getting nothing makes zero sense. but you're right, it is an opinion and you are entitled to it.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Trade him to an AFC team where he won't hurt ya.

4. Omen

see i agree that i doesnt make sense to get nothing for him but on the other hand he still wants to play and start and they (packers) dont want to do that. that is why i say just let him go

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

if he still wants to play and start then why would he refuse a trade ?

6. Omen

mmmm bc he dont want to play for the likes of a team like the phins of last year or say the rams

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

then he really doesn't want to play now does he ? :icon_cool:

8. Omen

the dude wants ply for decent team cant blame him for that can we

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

no but those good teams would have to have interest in him.

10. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Agreed 100%. No way the Packers simply just release him!

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

well it seems there's more to this. i guess there is another part to this interview where farve says he hs issues with thompson over not signing moss plus another player i missed the name of and not getting marriuci.

12. Omen

yeah its supposed play tonite..............i heard quote where he says he qas forced to retire bc they sed that he either make room for aarton or retired bc they do not want him in another uni

13. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

packers are being pussie about this. if they cared abput their competitiveposition they'd welcome him with open arms. the pavkers are making this worse than it needs to be. just start him. why wouldn't you put the best QB on th team on the field. lol. opens tge doorfor minnyto win the division. lol!

by the way, you've never changed your mind? i'm sure. you're perfect in every way. :icon_rolleyes:

he gets paid b/c him not reporting voids the deal and the packers have to pay. http://gridironfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63843

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

To anyone who says "let Favre go, he's earned it" I say bull crap...Favre has earned a healthy paycheck all these years and nothing more...the team needs to look out for the teams interest, and you don't just LET a QB like Favre go to another team just because Favre wants it, that's just asinine. This is what happens when players are put on pedestals and made to think that whatever they want they can have no matter the consequences to their team or team mates. This bull crap about well Favre never really OFFICIALLY retired is a bunch of freaking bologna....he said he was leaving IMO that's saying you're leaving the game and that's retiring you fool. Whether he did it for his wife, himself, his kids or his mom...he did it, no one held a gun to his head and if he didn't want to leave the game then he should have just said he would return but this crap about waiting until the last second to "think" about his options is a crock of crap, he sure did come flying back with a vengeance and wanting to play AFTER the team went in another direction.

15. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The only reason I would trade him is to get him out of my hair, not because he wants out. The media is going to have fun with the Brett Favre questions the first day the Packers begin training camp.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

They can trade him to a team they mutually agree upon. It happens all the time in proffessional sports...

He wants to show up in Green Bay and play. How's that not honoring the remaining years on his deal? Big freaking whoop, people change their minds about things everyday. Anhueser Busch just went from not selling to InBev to selling to InBev...they changed their mind and that's going to affect much more than a back-up QB. :icon_lol: "Changing your mind" is your argument against the guy? Weak...

I'm not sying how he went about this is right. I'm just saying if Green Bay doesn't want the headache, do what's best for the team and let him start or get rid of the headache and release him. What's he going to hurt if they don't think he can play anymore?

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

please, he's not trying to honor his contract, he is trying to force their hand, he already knows they do not want him and this "changing his mind" argument is not weak as it has caused them to make draft picks and shape the team without knowing his status the last couple of years so it's a bit more involved.

he is being a total tool about this. again, i know he can veto any trade but if he then doesnt show up to camp because he wont be the starter he will be fined everyday and eventually have his deal voided like owens did.

i understand that he is their best option still but he has hecked this team over three straight years now and they've had enough.

that wasnt what i was talking about. comeback when you can follow the conversation.

18. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Actually, this year is the only year that Favre actually talked about retirement, and at the time thought it was the best thing for him because he wasn't sure if he could commit 100%. The off season is long and he had a change of heart - big whoopie freaking do. I say let him come back and play. Many people don't realize how UN-SELFISH he has been in his years with the Packers by restructuring his contract many times, so they could sign other players.

Before this season, Favre NEVER actually even mentioned retirement, it was always the media wondering if he would retire, and they are the ones who started the crap every off season IMO.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

^^Time to update your sig?

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

bullcrap, the prior two years he made them wait on his decision on whether he was going to comeback and he made them wait until after the draft.

this article is from after the 2007 season. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Favre-retirement-decision-soon?urn=nfl,19015