Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by The Bitter Truth, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeags

smeags militant geek

you mean the team that needed crooked refs & steroids to win their super bowls ? :icon_cool:

anywho - thought this may be an interesting article with all the talks about investors looking to buy into the team.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/07/news/companies/steelers.ap/index.htm

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32: Love the haters.

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

well considering the steelers have always been my 2nd team i'm simply admitting the truth. :icon_cool:

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Then you know steroids were legal back then. Not a violation...especially the cortizone kind...come on...that's a reach.

And you know that the refs in Super Bowl XL called the exact same "penalties" on the Steelers - aside from the Matt Hasselback block/tackle penalty. By the way, did the Refs speed the clock up while Holmgren was fumbling through his play sheets wasting valuable time throughout the game? Probably...wouldn't surprise me.

It is nice to see that your second team picked up the slack for your first team! Good Effort from the "bench."

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

legal or not they had an advantage that gave them titles.

i know it's hard to except pal but there's no need to get pissy like a girl over it like i stole your favorite lipgloss from you. :icon_cool:

6. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Pissy like a girl????????????

What are you trying to say?

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

you peeps are too eassy to mess with. :icon_smile:

anywho - what you think of theis deal with the rooney's needing to look for outside investors because of their "legal" gambling ties ?

8. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I was only playing with you smeagle....I was just ripping on the fact that you were ripping on girls.
    I don't really care what the Rooneys do....as long as the Steelers stay in Pittsburgh.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

girls are awesome, guys that react like them are comedic gold. :icon_confused:

on the rooneys, i hear what you're saying about as long as the steelers stay in pittsburgh, just wondering why they would get into things that would put them in this position.

10. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Who knows!!! When you get a group of family members that have too much money that they don't know what to do with...they can make stupid decisions. Money can do that to ya.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah that's true. it's just hard to imagine the steelers not being majority owned by the rooneys if tyhat would end up happening.

12. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

That is very true. When I first heard this I freaked...thinking...."What are the Steelers without the Rooneys?"....but then I got over it. As long as it doesn't mess with the team.....all is fine.

Are you going to the Eagles/Steelers game?

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep. i will be there.

14. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Maybe I will go to....

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

7 DAYS!!!!

:Gosteelers: :woodson: :STEELERSSIGN: :TTW: ​

16. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

So what are the major storylines you'll be following as a Steelers fan this camp?

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

There is so much...

• The Offensive Line Battle...will they be able to mesh well and perform better than last season to both help the running game and keep Ben upright.
    • How will Mewelde Moore and Rashard Mendenhall fit in the Running Game?
    • How will Limas Sweed help in the passing game?
    • Who will be the starting MLB's? Will Timmons step up?
    • LaMar Woodley showed great promise as a rookie, will he step it up now that he is a starter?
    • I'll also be keeping an eye on Rookies Dixon and Davis to see what kind of talent they have...
    It's going to be a tough year...their schedule, as noted a million times, is brutally tough!! One of the hardest ones I've ever seen on paper...

18. SRW

I think the whole Max Starks story is one to follow....they paid so much for someone who isn't even a starter right now. How can they justify that? Will his pay dictate if he starts?

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

starks will start at RT again and i think colon will move to guard...they dance around it but colon is better than kemoeateveryfreakingthinghesees and simmons. id like to see colon take fanecas spot and let kemo, simmons and mahan cage fight over the RG spot

20. SRW

kemoeateveryfreakingthinghesees......HAHAHAHAHA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.