Article: Falcons To Show Off Makeover In Training Camp

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by WarEagle, Jul 17, 2008.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The Atlanta Falcons needed a new start, and so they've cleaned house.

The makeover, forced in great part because of Vick's involvement in a dogfighting operation, began with the hiring of general manager Thomas Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith will be showcased when the Falcons open training camp July 26. ...

Click below to read the rest of the article. Good stuff!

Source - ESPN

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Nice makeover!

[​IMG]

3. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

That's just wrong on so many levels. :icon_cheesygrin:

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

they are like a completely new team now

5. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

War Eagle, any chance Shockley is going to make the roster, or is he doomed to the CFL? I heard a few months ago that he was recovering well, but haven't heard anything else since.

6. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

No way of knowing yet. He is a talented kid, but I think he is certainly the long-shot to make the squad, based on his injury and the guys in front of him. He might be able to beat out Harrington, though.

7. dublin mike

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. He may have been starting last season if it hadn't been for the injury.

Ah well, just looking forward to the new team this year. Just wish they has done a little more revamping on the defensive side of the ball.

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I think the defense will be refreshingly aggressive and will surprise people.

9. dublin mike

I really hope so. I have been extremely busy w/work the last several months and haven't been able to keep up w/what is going on.

How will we be playing Brooking? On the outside LB or at MLB? Outside, he is pretty good, but I don't think he cuts it at the MLB spot. And will we blitz more this year? Will the kid from USF make any kind of impact?

Sorry about all the questions. Again, I've just been out of the loop.

10. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

Hey, just curious: what are you guys' opinions about Matt Ryan's chances to start a game this season? What do you think is the over/under on games played before he starts?

11. dublin mike

I think the chances are pretty high that he will be starting. What are the other options? Chris Redman? Joey Harrington? He's not gonna have to do much anyway, just manage the game at first, as I think Atl will be reverting back to the pound it out running game w/Turner.

12. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Brooking will start camp at MLB. But everyone is hoping that Lofton comes in and performs, as expected, as takes over the starting job in the middle. Brooking would then be moved back to his more natural WLB spot. However, he will be in a battle for that starting job with Stephen Nicholas at that point. Nicholas is the real deal. It's possible that Brooking moves to a platoon role in the corps, which would be in the team's best interest in my opinion.

The defense will be a hybrid 4-3. They will show a lot of different looks and sets. And from what I understand they will blitz heavily. Can't wait to watch it.

He will most definitely start some this season. When? Don't know.

The ACTUAL over/under or the projected? Regarding whether it changes when Ryan starts or doesn't... don't think it will much. The Falcons won't get any respect this year, so the projected numbers are going to be ugly. I won't even make a guess. LOL! This is actually a very difficult season to guess the Falcons. It will be hit or miss for sure.