The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

ummm, the giants are good.

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

and what did the Eagles do this off season??? can you tell me again

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

gee, we only improved in two of the three ares we needed to. yeah, horrible i know.

4. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Let the record show that I despise the Dallas Cowboys. Loathe them! But they are NOT the most overrated team in football. As much as I hate to admit it they are BY FAR the team to beat in the East. The Giants didn't get lucky. I think their defense just stepped up. But I don't think they could repeat. I have always respected the Eagles. And I think you guys have a decent squad. But the Cowboys are standing dead in your way. And they are a force to be reckoned with. No way around it.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

we have gone 3-1 againt the cowboys over the last two seasons with that talent they have. we have reckoned with them and have handled them.

6. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Is that a serious question? We bolstered our defense big time.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

There by no means a bad team but they are overrated. We beat them the 3 out the last 4 times we played them. Our team is right up there with the cowboys.

8. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

sportsguy is a kid, you shouldn't expect him to remember so many details, lol

The cowboys are not overrated, but hopefully overconfident.

The Giants will be defending a superbowl, but not a division crown, that speaks volumes, IMO

9. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

eagles will be defending both after this up and coming season, fo sho

10. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I always wondered how much better Cunningham would have been if Buddy Ryan gave half as much effort into the offense as he did the defense.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think that question was answered when Randall went to Minnesota. :icon_evil:

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Well...that was one good year and that offense was loaded to boot.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah it was steve. while ryan definitely did not put enough effort into the offense not all the blame can go on ryan though. he tried to get jim lachey to improve the o-line our lowlife owner norman breman wouldn't pay eventhough the o-line was our biggest hole during that run under ryan.

14. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Was Jake Reed in that offense?

Eskin says the Eagles offered Westbrook the MAX they can offer him under the CBA, since he still has a decent number of years left on his current deal.

Westbrook sure doesn't understand how money works. He fires his agent after he said to take it. How is getting a different agent going to change the CBA rule?

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

for once i hope eskin is right.

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I don't... if he's right it shows the birds are trying to do what they can and Westbrook isn't being reasonable. That would be a nightmare scenario.

PS training camp live starts with Andy's opening PC in 10 minutes :applausec: YEAH 08-09 is OUR YEAR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

why would that be a nightmare in your mind ?

btw - i think eskin is once again being spoon fed false info by the eagles PR machine.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

He deserves a big pay day, but I don't think he deserves the max. His durability has got to be in question...

btw - Jake Reed was in that offense.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Westbrook being unreasonable means westbrook might holdout again and I want him at training camp on Thursday so the offense rhythm gets rolling right.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Heath Sherman didn't do it for you?

Arkansas Fred?

Come on...

Oh Nelly! Keith Jackson?

If Westbrook holds out, it would be a bone head move on his part. First off he would incur "fines." Secondly, it would become a distraction and it is going to be hard enough playing the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins...they don't need the distractions. Lastly, Westbrook doesn't practice during the week anyway because of how bad his knees are...so why holdout if you're not going to do much anyway?

He should show up and the Eagles should pay him.