The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

just got done watching "Radio Days" for the first time. what a great movie. classic Woody Allen. really shows you what it was like in the days where there was no TV, but the radio was worshiped in the very same fashion.

will definitely have to purchase this one

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Speaking of Woddy Allen, have you seen Cassandra's Dream? I'm going to watch it tomorrow.

3. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

that i did, and i have to say i really liked it. i know most of the critics didn't like it. it doesn't rank up there with his best, but i thought it was a really good movie.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

[​IMG]

5. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Watched 'Inside' last night.
    Pretty decent. I've seen 3 French 'horror' movies....Inside, High Tension, & Frontiers, and was impressed by all three.
    Extremely gory movie...wife couldnt watch some parts.
    Very entertaining, even though it was pretty predictable. And it was only an hour an 15 minutes long.
    Definitely worth the watch if you can handle the subtitles.

6. Dee

Dee Team Veteran

I went this weekend to see Journey to the center of the Earth 3D and thought it was excellent, family friendly just a few parts in 3D that may make some younger kids jump, I had an 8 year old with me and she had to take the glasses off a few times. I recommend it and will pay to see it again with my nephew

7. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

Got a chance to check out some movies over the past few days:

The Dark Knight - great movie that worth the 9 bucks. and the praise Ledger has received, is well deserved. I've never been so impressed with a Batman character. This new series is more appealing to me because it's more realistic than the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney series.

Never Back Down - same ole cheesy stroyline, but nice to see one of those movies involving MMA action.

Definitly, Maybe - nice romantic comedy, but the ending left me feeling slighted. plus they did keep me guessing as to who the little girl's mother was.

Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins - this is one funny butt movie. Monique lusting after her cousin was funny as hell. there wasn't much hype behind this movie so I forgot that it existed, until a friend brought it to my attention. it's worth buying on DVD, imo.

8. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Had to watch Gettysburg after the vacation.

9. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Bullitt is playing in the background as I type this. I forgot how much I love Steve McQueen movies (he did most of the driving stunts in this movie.) The man was the epitomy of bad butt.

10. DawkinsINT

I just watched The Bucket List. It was pretty much what I expected, which was not much at all. It did nothing for me. If it had lesser actors, I probably wouldn't have watched the whole film.

I watched Cassandra's Dream yesterday, and I have to say that I was disappointed. I knew that there would be plot twists and such, but it wasn't anything like how Woody did it with Match Point (which I loved).

I think what was missing from it for me was the evolution of Ewan McGregor's character. His about-face in what he planned to do to his brother was lacking in character development. I think another reason or scene showing the change would have made a difference. It occurred too quickly and without any real emotional understanding of his change.

It was a decent movie overall, but it didn't wow me like Match Point. I perhaps expected too much.

11. dublin mike

And that really is frustrating to see. Two of the most talented actors ever, and they are doing such a mediocre film.

12. DawkinsINT

I agree for the most part. I wouldn't call Freeman one of the most talented actors ever though. He plays the same role in almost all of his films. His range isn't so great.

13. dublin mike

Yeah, but it's a really great role. lol

The Family Guy episode just popped into my head. The one where Peter is watching Morgan Freeman in "The Narrator."

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-333139731059326845&q=family+guy+morgan+freeman&ei=sy6JSI2nL4GeqgKWxaisCA"]YouTube - Morgan Freeman in The Narrator[/ame]

14. DawkinsINT

Damn, I can't get that video to play. :icon_sad:

15. dublin mike

i think i fixed it

16. DawkinsINT

"Like a twinkie". :rollinglaugh:

Family Guy rules.

17. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I like him in just about everything he's in but he's the same guy inevery film. Denzell is the same way. The character he always plays is great but it's the same in every movie, even Training Day. Now Phillip Seymour Hoffman, now there's a great actor.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Idisagree, maybe now he is a bit older and is playing certain roles, was god on evan almighty. but dude went in 4 out of 5 movies from clean & sober to Lean on Me skipping a horrible movie into Driving Miss Daisy into his next role in Glory. Dude has the best voice for narration as well.

19. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I loved Freeman in Se7en. He may not have much range, but he's as close as you can get to the perfect cop actor.

20. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Disturbia.

Good enough to watch 2 or 3 times, but I think I'm about at my limit.