Division Races

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

There's alot of tight races in the........

AL Central
    NL Central
    AL East
    NL East
    NL West (sort of... lol)

:beer-smiley:

2. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Go Brewers!! They're catching the Cubbies!

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

sweep the muts !!!

4. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

:buttrock:

This is a big stretch for the Phils. They play a lot of division opponents (all of them actually).

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Yup, the only race thats out of reach right now is the A.L. West. Other then that, we actually have some exciting races going on right now.

6. rachel53426

rachel53426 Starter

I love Baseball!!!!!!! GO CUBS!

7. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

GO RAYS!!!! Gotta hold off the Red Sox & Yankees!!!

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Bullcrap!! We're still on the race!!! :moe:

:icon_cry:

9. burnout2oo7

Look on the bright side. Felix Hernandez isn't going anywhere for a long time.

10. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Brewers are sticking it to the Cards this week....St Louis is digging a hole, luckily the Cubs are losing to.

11. burnout2oo7

Every thing is going right for the Brew Crew right now. And that Sabathia trade is paying off BIG TIME. At this rate, even as a rental, he will justify the price they paid for him.

12. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

They paid a huge price if C.C walks after a 3 month rental. I guess it's worth it if they make a deep run in the playoffs but Laporta was one of the best players in all of the Minors.

13. n1gbpackfan

We can only hope :icon_cheesygrin: Gotta admit I was shocked :icon_eek: when they pulled off the trade, I am so used to seeing the Brewers let all their good players go and sign no one. I think they have one of the lowest, if not the lowest payrole in MLB, so it would actually be GREAT to see them go all the way!!

14. burnout2oo7

True, but they have great depth in the minors and the compensation picks they'll get after Sabathia walks will only help add to that depth. Totally worth it, imo. It's nice to have great prospects for your future, but when you have a great team in the majors and a chance to make it a serious World Series contender, you have to pull the trigger if it doesn't drain your farm system (which this trade did not do at all).

15. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Mets are in 1st place after beating the Phillies.

16. burnout2oo7

Not for long.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:word:

Watch out for the Marlins.

18. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

CC and the Brew Crew keep on rolling. (4 game sweep of the Cards)

The Cubs were suppose to run away with the NL Central according to some experts.

They were up 6 games at one point. Now, it's only down to 1 going into the weekend.

19. n1gbpackfan

:icon_cheesygrin: Go Brewers!!!

20. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The experts said the samething about the Tigers and the A.L. Central too this year. Oh how injuries can change all that.