Manny To The Marlins?

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by ravenfan52, Jul 30, 2008.

?

Will the Red Sox trade Manny Ramirez before the deadline?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2008.
  1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

68.8%
  3. Why the f**k are you posting a poll?

6.3%
  1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Source: ESPN.com

2. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

It appears that Manny has become a cancer in the clubhouse, and after his half-ass run to second the other night prompting the Sox Nation to boo his butt off the field, I think Epstein needs to get rid of him if possible, and I think he will before the deadline....

3. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I heard a 3 way including the Pirates.

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I cant picture manny as a marlin.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

shouldn't that be in the smut forum?

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

lol:icon_cheesygrin: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol: :laughy32:

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:rollinglaugh:

8. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

lol rep

9. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

He was so half-assing it tonight. This relationship is beyond repair. Get something for him and use that money to get a prime FA next year.

10. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I still doubt that he goes anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pirates back out of this deal, leaving it in shambles. Once again, we'll be subjected to all this Manny trade talk only for him to go absolutely nowhere.

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

12. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

13. burnout2oo7

He didn't say there are no talks. That's pretty hard to deny at this point. He is just saying that there is no deal in place, contrary to a lot of reports that came out last night. Jayson Stark recently said that he feels the chances of a deal are 50-50 and that in a deal, Grabow would go to the Marlins rather than the Red Sox. If that is true, I see this thing falling apart. Even though the Red Sox have had problems with the guy, they're not getting the value they want for him.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Manny to the marlins looks very likely.

15. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

This would be huge for the Marlins. Everytime they go to the postseason they win the whole damn thing. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

16. burnout2oo7

Rosenthal has reported the deal is dead. Pittsburgh probably pulled out. They're now talking with Tampa about Bay (but maybe just to try to get Boston to up their offer?).

17. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

I just heard on the radio it doesn't look like it's going to happen

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Is there any rumors about the phils?

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

if he does end up on the marlins and we do nothing to improve our team i may be in jail by saturday.

20. burnout2oo7

I haven't heard anything other than Gammons saying that he thinks it is possible that we get a lefty reliever.

If this does go down, we wouldn't have much time to respond. But even in the unlikely case that this deal happens, there's no need to worry. The Marlins can already hit homeruns and this deal does the near impossible in makeing Florida's defense worse. Manny going from one of the smallest left fields in the league to one of the biggest = nightmare. Their rotation is still full young players that are tough to depend on and their closer is as unreliable as Fagner (in fact, he walks more batters than Billy Boy). They'll have the best offense in the NL East, but they've had that for this season and so far it hasn't helped them move past New York or us.