The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

It was decent. Pretty predictable at times, but its worth a watch.

I watched Season 1 of The Office.
    Never seen the show, but guys at work recommended it to me.
    HILARIOUS.
    I'm hooked.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Went and saw Dark Knight last night at the 9:45pm show, pretty much empty theater which was very cool. Loved the movie, but for people saying that it was the best movie ever, what a crock. I really liked it, but to pay to see it again, I'll pass and wait for the DVD...Ledger was good but Oscar??? I don't think so...just MO...

3. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I haven't heard from anybody that it was "the best movie ever", but it definitely is the best Batman movie ever.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't know I liked the first Christian Bale one better, but then it shows it from when he was a kid and how he got involved so maybe that's why I like that one better.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

some spoiler information in this post

[nsfw]killing rachel dawes was an excellent decision
    [/nsfw]

6. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Watched Wanted last night, I liked it. Pretty damn good flick. Jolie is nothing but skin and bones :dirty29:.
    Still bang her just to say I did, but I'd recommend watching the flick. Gonna watch Hancock 2nite.

7. rachel53426

rachel53426 Starter

I just watched Gone Baby Gone. Excellent flick!

8. Viking Tiger

Viking Tiger Rookie

As I mentioned in another thread - TDK was a completely average offering.

I AM that 1%!

Also Wall-E was loved by all but I thought it was a pile of puke.

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Wall-E was genius. He is the robot Charlie Chaplin. With as little dialog and as entertaining as it was, it was a totally awesome movie.

I was like Pixar re-created chaplin in a cartoon robot and my wife was like, exactly. 8/10

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - 2.5 of 5 stars
    I didn't like it very much. They would have long stretches with no laughs to be had. It had some funny moments for sure though, like them getting baked with George Dubya, and the scenes with the basketball players. Overall, it was pretty lame.

11. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

good thing i decided not to buy it... think this one's going to be a rental, and it's not very high on my list. the first one was so great

12. DawkinsINT

I thought the first one was only mediocre, so don't go by my opinion if you liked the first one a lot.

13. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

wtf, its one of the worst pieces of trash I have ever seen.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The worst part was that NPH didn't even show up to film with Harold and Kumar, he green screened his entire performance.

:grumpy:

15. DawkinsINT

Kal Penn and John Cho insisted on that so they wouldn't catch the gay.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

What about Rob Cordrey, and all the tramps?

17. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

so no gay beers for them? :lol:

yes, i HAD to watch "In Bruges" over the weekend. fantastic movie. you know they're doing a film about midgets?

18. DawkinsINT

Rob was without question the most disappointing part of the film for me. I normally find him funny, and was glad to see him appear initially, but his character was too far over the top and he didn't didn't deliver nearly as many funny moments as I hoped. The scene trying to translate Harold's parents was so unfunny that I cringed. I felt embarrassed for them.

The grape soda scene cracked me up though.

:icon_lol:

That's one of my favorite SNL skits ever. I still remember seeing it live. I laughed so damn hard.

19. DawkinsINT

I finally watched The Dark Knight. After all of the hype, I was a bit disappointed even though I enjoyed it quite a lot. I wish I would have seen it without hearing a single word about it going in. Ledger was incredible and played the role perfectly. I'm not so sure if it was Oscar-worthy, but I can understand why people would mention him for it. Aaron Eckhart was excellent as well. I thought it was a bit too long and that Maggie Gyllenhaal was a bad casting decision for her role.

20. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Agreed. I had to go the bathroom at the end, but couldn't afford to miss everything.

Gyllenhaal annoyed the hell out of me, as well. She should have called it quits after Donnie Darko, while she was ahead.