**BREAKING NEWS** He's Baaaaaaack

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by FSUViking, Aug 3, 2008.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

**BREAKING NEWS***

Watching Sportscenter.....Ed Werder reports Goodell has just reinstated Favre and that Favre is headed to Green Bay today for the scrimmage or whatever they have tonight. Warm-up act(s) is over, boy...let the REAL circus begin! :blob4: :blob4:

2. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

WTF?!?!?! I thought he was just gonna go away!!! :icon_evil:

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

god **mn it. Can this guy just leave.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

5. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Great, more Favre drama........

6. WC Jerome

So, what's the deal? Has he accepted a role as a back-up, will he be allowed to compete for the #1 spot, or is he he just gonna be handed the starting position?! What a joke!!! :icon_rolleyes:

7. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

I think it gives more credence that he wanted to stay. To me, accepting the money would have lessened his legacy. He already had more money than he knew what to do with. This is about his desire to still play. If the Packers don't want to deal with it, and they don't think he is good enough to start for them, then just release the guy.

But the Packers better pray that Rogers comes out and is all world. If they start out 0-4, EVERYONE is gonna be saying "well, if they would have just kept Brett Favre."

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now the real games begin!!! Whoop whoop!!

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

For the love of God please end this BS!

10. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

^ No, no, and no. He's doing this to force his trade or release.

Is it just me, or is the entire Green Bay front office going "Oh, crap. Someone get on the horn to Minneapolis. He didn't take the bribe." :laughy32:

11. dublin mike

The question is, will the Pack pay 12 million for a backup. And he will start out as the backup, until, like I said, the Pack start out 0-4. Then the calls for Brett come in.

I think they are going to wait until the last week of preseason and release him. A bush league move, but they don't want him playing w/anyone else, and that's the only way to accomplish it.

Something else about this whole 20 mill to stay retired. Why the hell was that not going to count against their cap? They are basically signing him to a deal ensuring he played w/no one else. imo, it should be a cap hit.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

13. dublin mike

John Gruden will pull the trigger just to add to one of the 20 QBs he already has.

Heh. If I'm another team, I trade a 3rd rounder for Favre, then turn around and trade Favre to Minnesota for a 1st rounder. (ya know, I dunno if that's even legal under league rules.)

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Come on man, this is Brett Favre we're talking about, the biggest drama queen premadonna in the NFL as of right now. I actually hope the Packers trade him to a team that he doesn't want to go to knowing he won't have the right anymore to veto a trade once he reports to Packers camp.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

If you're on the side of the GB front office during this soap opera, or if you're on the side of those who want Favre to retire, maybe the theme song for this soap opera is the old song How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

16. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

He just needs to STFU fight for his job in camp (which he will likely win) and play football.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I can't wait for this circus to end.

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Werent they going to wait until monday.

19. WC Jerome

Actually, it doesn't become official until tomorrow.

20. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

He will be traded quickly I'm thinking. I for one am glad a player like Favre is back. Now I hope he goes to the Vikings so he can beat the hell outta the Pack 2X a year!!:icon_cheesygrin: