The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He gave a PC after morning practice a few days ago. How is that ditching the media. He's got a preseason game to prepare for. Cut him some slack.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

no - it's his job to speak to the press and not be an arrogant pr**k and treat people like they are goobers and after nine years and no lombardis i am done cutting him slack.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's his job to prepare the Philadelphia Eagles for the upcoming season. I would prefer he do that then answer a million stupid questions about Shawn Andrews. Philly media blows donkey nuts(on a level of the Dallas Cowboys) and often deserve to be talked too like goobers.
    I want a lombardi too but FACT He's the best coach in the history of the team

Oh and people that bring his kids up piss me off. I know alot of GREAT parents who's kids are buttholes and make their lives hell. Is Andy one of those? I don't know and neither do you so shut up

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

part of that job as head coach is to speak to the press whether he wants to or not and what we think about the philly media (we agree) has jack crap to do with anything - we aren't the coach he is and it IS his job to speak to the media and answer questions at a "PRESS" conference held by the team. epsecially when the media for once is aaking questions about a legitimate situation involving a star player from the team after that player finally came out and spoke about his issues only "monday".

also, the only reason anyone ever brought up his kids are his kids. so blame them not the fans and media.

as far as being the greatest coach ? bullcrap, heck regular season records. he never brought a championship and his pigheaded ways are the main reason why.

screw him and the cheeseburger he rode in on.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Hes talked to the media a couple of times already whats the big deal. There just going to ask him the same stupid questions he already answered.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

and he never said a freaking thing to explain what was going on. when did andrews come out and explain things ? last week ? no. it was monday.

7. ball in the baskett

The thing with andrews is personal and they want to keep it that way.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Did you expect Andy to come out and say Andrew's isn't here because he is struggling with depression... It wasn't his place to tell that to anyone. It was andrew's. Do you think he should have convened an emergency PC because of it? Again I want him focused on the players that are there and the game against Pitt and how it's going to be the next step to our SB win this year. He has given at least 3 PC"s since the start of TC. Fine he's not the best eagle's coach ever by your metric... he's still the best in my lifetime by your championship yardstick.
    And WTF does it mean.... the only reason we bring up his kids are his kids. WTF is that? His kids have jack crap to do with football and if you look at the comment I was responding too and a million others. People use the troubles his kids (who aren't freaking KIDS by the way) as a reason to complain about his coaching. That is idiotic and unfair

9. ball in the baskett

I think andy is a good coach we have had a high win percentage since he became coach.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

again, it's his job to deal with the media and yes it was his responsibilty to answer any questions about andrews' situation after shawn himself came out with what his issues were. i am not saying he needed stop everything and make it his main focus. nobody is.

again, how is having a ten minute PC to discuss what his all-pro o-linemen "just" announced that he is going through going to take away from him preparing his team ? again, it's part of his job.

the ultimate goal is not to win division titles - it's to win a championship, he hasn't. he has not accomplished anything more in a watered down league than vermeil did. am i saying he sucks ? no.

if those two dopes never got arrested do you think anyone would have been asking reid about them ? no. that's my point. stop blaming the media or anyone for something "they" caused. there isn't a damn coach out there that wouldn't have dealt with the same bullcrap. go ask tony dungy about it. he went through the same questions. it's part of the territory.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't know why anyone would be upset with Andy not holding a press conference over Andrews statement. Andy had previously said that Shawn wasn't in camp for personal reasons. Andrews told the press what his personal reason was. Nothing has changed.

Addressing it in a press conference might make things worse. You know the media is going to ask if the Eagles are fining him because they don't believe Andrews' depression story. That wouldn't go well for anyone.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Ok smeagle, agree to disagree on all fronts of this conversation?

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

and that's a legitimate question which is not going to go away and by not addressing it the media is now going to make it worse. you know that, i know that. if you come out and make your statement it's done with.

i as a fan have every right to know if they are still going to fine him and have an explination as to why if they are. because if they are it's another example of how cold this front office is.

it looks that way but that's fine, there no reason it can't be that way because in the end we both want one thing right ?

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

And you just keep adding fronts for me to disagree with : )

Word.

15. DawkinsINT

I think it gets much, much worse if they say why they are fining him. It hurts the Eagles credibility to some, Shawn Andrews will be seen as a liar to others, etc.

It would be absolutely awful and it will split fans and the media into sides. Not saying anything is the way to go.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

i disageree 100%.

it's going to seem that way if they do it to andrews whether they tell us or not but i want to know and i have a right to know.

17. DawkinsINT

You technically don't have the right.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes, i do. not only by being a fan but i fork over a lot of money to them every year in my season tickets and i have a right to know. it's not a private matter, it's public knowledge if any team fines a player and why.

19. DawkinsINT

What do you want Andy to say that isn't going to make this worse?

He's being fined for an unexcused absence due to personal reasons. That's all Andy needs to say, and he said it. Situation was addressed by the Eagles and it hasn't changed. Now it's up to Shawn to get into camp when he's over his personal problems.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

so they are going to fine him because he was out dealing with clinical depression which was verified by a medical professional. great, what a fine freaking front office we have.

that's flat out bullcrap and once again shows how out of touch they are and the media and fans have every right to bring up the fat that reid dealt with personal crap last season and was allowed the time off because it shows a double standard.

i'm done with this front office and their arrogance and their cold hearted ways in dealing with certain things. from the hoagie-gate lies to the way they handled the season ticket payment when they moved to the linc to banners contant condecending attitude that we should be thankful they even kept the team in this city.

i'll never stop supporting the team but this front office can't suck my butt.