The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

the plus side of this director's cut is anything that's added, it's added subtlety, and in small doses. it's not dragging or epically longer like an "Apocalypse Redux." they're just nice and small touches to establish the characters a little more.

i really couldn't tell most that was added until i heard the commentary. there were only a few key moments that i knew were altered. as i said in the previous posts, what makes this cut superior is the subtraction of the beginning narration that really dumbs down the movie experience. i wished i had seen this version first. it would've been cool to find out what was going on along with the main character as opposed to knowing exactly what's going on from minute one

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I saw Step Brothers earlier today. Pretty funny.

3. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Hustle & Flow

It was pretty good, worth the watch. I can't think of the leads name but he did a great job. Trying to compare it to 8 Mile...I think 8 Mile was better just because that is basically Eminem's life story. I wasn't thrilled with the ending for H&F.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Terrance Howard is the lead in that movie

5. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

I really liked hustle & flow. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.
    I think it was a little better than 8 Mile, and light years ahead of that horsecrap movie 50 Cent put out.....HORRIBLE!

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i watchedthe mummy and i coulda waited but ,y kids wanted to see it

7. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Saw 28 Weeks Later last night on Skinemax. I thought the 1st movie was dark. There are no happy moments in the movie, at all. No that that is a bad thing.

8. ParanoidMike

ParanoidMike Doctor of Slackerism

i attempted to watch "21" but stopped because it was boring me out of my mind, and this is coming from somebody who usually likes anything involving cards. thank god it was a rental. i have no desire to finish it

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I thought it had some entertainment value, but it was certainly no Rounders.

I just watched Chaos starring Jason Statham, Ryan Phillippe, and Wesley Snipes. It was decent, but it could have been so much better with even halfway decent secondary actors. Almost everyone outside the big 3 in the film were atrocious actors.

10. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Eh. I was hoping for better. It was decent, well worth the watch, but definitely not what I expected.

I liked Weeks better than Days.
    PRetty entertaining!

Started watching 10,000 BC, but after 20 minutes, I turned it off. So I watched Child's Play instead.

11. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

watched a bunch of hbo last couple days

firehouse dog or firedog (not sure)- actually entertained me for a kids type movie
    back to the future 3 - better than I remember, I still hate any role with mary steenbergen
    dudley do right - terrible movie, brendan fraser with skeleton jessica parker
    revenge of the nerds - awesome. classic
    revenge of the nerds 2 - I still like this movie, a lot I forgot about, lol
    galaxy quest - sigorney weavers tits looked pretty good, that was about it. I can't stand Tim Allen, so I'm biased

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Bank Job - 3.50 of 5 stars :buttrock:
    Good stuff. Even if it wasn't based on a true story it would have made for an interesting caper film.

After back to back nights watching Statham bank robber movies, I definitely recommend The Bank Job over Chaos.

13. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Agreed.
    I caught the tale end of a movie the wife was watching....I dont know the name, but it had JOhn Cusack and two little girls.
    Guess the mother dies in Iraq and he doesnt tell them at first and takes them on a road trip and finally breaks down and tells them.
    She enjoyed it...not really my thing though.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

G-string Vampires...

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

the last die hard movie, it was really fun and entertaining, 3/4

16. nastynate184

went and watched the pineapple express it was really funny and by far my favorite seth rogan movie and i love all his movies

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Kick ass!!

I can't wait to see that movie!

18. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

damn... Nate beat me to it!

Pineapple was fantastic- Seth Rogen and James Franco were terrific in their roles... course, Rogen kills pretty much EVERY role he has so I wasn't surprised by that. Franco shocked me. I'll be seeing it again!

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I so totally want to see that movie.

20. nastynate184

living on the east coast pays off for something :icon_cheesygrin: but yea i was surprised at how well Franco did too because i didn't think he was going to be good in it