All I Want To Know about the Ads on GIF

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by HailttRedskins, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

hardly a lot TJ, usually 25 bucks a month if we're lucky

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I wonder if they check for different IPs each day **brakos' thinking smilie**

3. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I wouldn't doubt it... you know how sleezy these ad companies are... do you ever get Spanish ads down there? :think:

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Not in this particular site.

But lately, on sites like ESPN or CBS I'm starting to get ads in Spanish. Probably because of my local configuration, or my ISP ending in .mx...who knows.

5. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Nope, never, but German ads :tease:

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I for one did not realize you get paid for every time the ad pops up.

Let me know the originating address of that ad and I will make an exception to allow the ad to be shown.

If it only pops up once every 6 hours I have no problem with helping out GIF in that manner.

7. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

its not like it pops up everytime you post, quit your snitching people!

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The site is AdBrite.com hermhater, and thank you for wanting to help the site.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I am getting th ads like crazy right now...every time I go to navigate the site from one page to the next, there is one...I'm accepting cookies and it's still doing it...

Any advice? I tried to post two news stories and it's just impossible to do...

10. SRW

I know I recently had issues to but only after I updated my browser. Did any settings change on any recent updates on your end?

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think anything changed on my end, but I'm starting to get them like crazy again...what do I need to do to stop getting them? It's almost every click...

12. SRW

A) Check your cookies settings to accept cookies
    B) Don't clear your cookies after every session

The cookies are session based. The ad is supposed to show up only once every six hours and something on your end is clearing your cookies for the ad.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I have my cookies set to low and I don't think it is clearing them after every session...but I don't know. It's brutal right now...

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

something has to have changed on your end because this wasn't happening before and none of us have seen a change, you don't think it's clearing them but you don't know, that's something you need to find out.

15. SRW

I asked this on the AdBrite support forum:
    This was the answer I got:

16. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Bit of an arsey response. It was almost as if he'd said, "Stop wasting my time".

17. SRW

Ok....:icon_scratch:

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now I didn't do anything today as far as changing anything and I am not getting the pop ads other than when I first logged on. So I'm not sure what's going on, but right now I am fine...

19. SRW

Do you run any anti-virus programs or anti-spyware programs that might be deleting the adbrite cookie?

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

You must not know too many computer geek types then, they are all like that because they get these type of questions all day long and like here people in general always believe it's the site and not them, we'd had members here that claim they are close to computer geniuses and they can't simply change the settings on their computer to accommodate the ads. (btw 86WARD, this little tirade of mine isn't aimed at you in the least)

just a note: most help sites are like that, more times then not they get asked the same thing over and over and over again...I'd be, what's the snarky word...oh yeah, I'd be "arsey" too.