The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

**Makes appereance**

:doh:

**leaves**

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i don't give a heck if god himself said it it's a bunch of bullcrap. free agents do not avoid philly because of the fans. period. it's just not true. money is all that matters.

now in the case people that do assinine crap like call for kolb, they are in the monirity and unfortunately ruin it for the rest of us. please, do not ever associate myself with that kind of stupid crap by using the word "us".

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I don't consider myself a dumbcrap. I consider myself a realist who knows what is going to happen to McNabb within the first 8 games and what will (in turn) happen at the end of the season. I'd rather just cut through the crap and get Kolb some good experience now.

With that said, hopefully this lights a fire under McNabb's butt and he keeps playing good. It will still take a miracle for him to stay healthy for 16 games.

I have, and I don't feel bad about it for a second. I'm tired of McNabb. I've backed the guy his whole career, and I like him as a person. I'd love for him to be the QB I know he could be but it won't happen. He doesn't have the balls, and he gets injured far too often to be the guy I want under center.

Prove me wrong, 5. There's nothing I'd like more...

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

McNabb is easily the better QB. Why would you want to start the lesser based on a guess that the starter will get injured? Kolb will get his experience if McNabb gets hurt. What's better for the team is 5 under center.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I made it easy on ya. :wink:

6. DawkinsINT

Thanks, bro. :icon_lol:

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

we aren't going to win any more with kolb. the issue isnt the qb it's the coach. we have been through this before.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Everyone in here has their own opinion. A lot of people are hung up on the 'no #1 WR!', some think it's the head coach or the coaching philosophy, some think the Qb...

Bah. All of the 'Yeah, seeing what happened to Favre really opens your eyes' and 'If the writing is on the wall then so be it'... I'm just ready to move on. We've got a young qb with talent waiting in the wings, and while another few games of holding the clipboard can't hurt, I'd just as well have him start now.

For the record, I know it wouldn't happen because of the Reid/McNabb lovefest, just saying...

Guys, anyone up for joining my fantasy league? Draft is this Sunday at 6:30 PDT.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dawkins - Hurt.

McNabb look pretty good again tonight.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yea i hope hes ok

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Did w really have a KR and PR for a TD today???

12. ball in the baskett

Yup im pretty sure jackson and demps solidified themselves as starters.

13. DawkinsINT

I still refuse to believe it. Mays kicked some major butt too. 3 rookies ripping it up in preseason week 3. I don't remember seeing that out of a draft class before. Impressive stuff against the starters of a team that was undefeated during the regular season last year. In their building no less.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I won't get to watch it till tomorrow at 1pm when it replays on NFL network but OMG a PR AND KR for TDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKS YEAH

15. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

pats are in for a long season if they ST and defense plays like that

16. ball in the baskett

Well its preseason so they probably weren't trying to hard.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

its the most important of the preseason games, they were definitely trying hard.

18. DawkinsINT

This.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

That. And the other?

20. ball in the baskett

Yea i just looked at it again they were trying but when desean got to the middle of the field they gave up.

3 cuts were made today hardy lawton and stepenson.