The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think that rumor is bull and andy said were not picking anyone up.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's a goober...:laughy32:

They need atleast a body to take the spot...

3. ball in the baskett

I think brown and baskett will be the starters and desean will be the number 3 followed by avant and greg lewis.

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Jackson has looked pretty good in the preseason. I'd like to see how he does during the regular season though. Should make a great returner at the very least.

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I wouldn't say goober. I'd say stubborn. Yeah, that's what I'd say. Stubborn goober. :icon_mrgreen:

But seriously, I agree with you. What harm is there in picking up another WR? For the sake of depth and having a plan B, we need somebody.

Long time, no see. How's it going?

I think we all agree with you. Preseason success is good, but it doesn't mean anything unless it carries over. He'll certainly get his chances in the regular season to show that his preseason was not a fluke with the way our WR corps look right now.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i want lurie to back his words up. every year they put the peddle to the metal. the are going for the championship now, not down the road.

those are his words. well jeff, back them up. go get boldin. heck these future picks that are a crap shoot anyway. go get boldin and stack this offense. reggie brown is a stiff. i'd much rather have boldin, curtis & jackson as my top three wr's than brown, baskett & jackson and eventually curtis, brown & jackson.

back your words up jeff. let's put the best wr corp we can out there so we can increase the opposing cb's YPA you freaking crap.

7. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

looks like our starting lineup if Brown is healthy is:

Brown, Baskett, Jackson (Slot)

If Brown isn't healthy:

Baskett, Jackson, Avant (Slot)

8. ball in the baskett

Bringing in a big name receiver doesent win you a superbowl. If we get boldin we need to trade sheppard and i would like to keep him. If the defense keeps playing like they did in preseason we could win the superbowl.

9. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

it gets you there though. how you try to downplay the importance of T.O.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

basket you need to stop listening to howard eskin becuase there hasn't been "passing" team that won a super bowl without a top flite wr. none. look at all the WCO teams that won a lombardi and you'll find a top notch wr on the roster.

i love how he uses moss on new england last year to prove his point and yet the team that won that game had a legit wr. then he uses new england when they beat us with owens but fails to mention that the MVP of that game was - are you ready - a WR.

our bigger need is wr not cb. the team needs to address the bigger need. i have no issue with hanson being the 3rd cb if we get boldin. also, are you really basing your opinion on the defense on pre-season play ? c'mon man, you can't be that clueless. the unit should play well but they will not be on the level of a ravens or tampa defense of recent years where the offense could just show up for the show. this team depends on the offense heavily. not loading it up with the necassary components is a huge reason why we have no lombardi's to this point.

11. ball in the baskett

Im not saying its not important at all but the 2000 ravens dident have any star receivers and there QB was dilfer. Our receivers arent as bad as everyone says they are. I dont think we could get boldin even if we wanted to the cards said they dont want to move him. Mcnabb spreads the ball to everyone. The last preseason game he hit 6 diffrent targets on the first drive. We have made it to nfc championship games without top receivers i think we can do it again. I would love to have a guy like boldin but i think we can win without him also.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

That was the 2000 Ravens. Mabey the best defense ever

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, you're trying to compare us to the 2000 ravens. :icon_rolleyes:

we got the the nfcc game when the nfc was alot weaker. we lost to the rams, panthers & bucs in part because of our lack of a good wr corp.

our on division is the toughest in the entire league. our wr corp is not good enough. period. there's no debate, especially if you're bringing up a pre-season game to back your point. the pats didn't show us a thing defensively. you're nuts for contiuing to bring up the pre-season.

the eagles will play well, we'll be in contention for the playoffs. if we're lucky we'll make it only to lose again.

i want more.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Me too but I refuse to give up hope because Kevin Curtis is injured. Love him and all but I don't see WR as much more of a weakness then it was 3 weeks ago and i thought we could win it all then and I think we can win it all now.

First NE w/ no Brady and now it's looking like Jets w/ no Farve.... I love how scared everyone is of facing our D :eek:ther-twothumbsup:

15. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

like sheldon brown said, the fans rip on curtis for not being a good receiver, then say we can't win without him

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah that.

Wrong. People were saying we can't win with these receivers before Curtis, it's just worse now that our #1 WR is out.

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

We can win with these receivers, just not win it all. Unless all of our units improve and go on a run like the Giants did last year.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I agree with that. I love Baskett's untapped potential. I think if the guy got two or three years of starting, he could be very good, but we can't wait that long.

I do think goal line situations are gonna be tough as hell to defend against. Brown, Baskett, Jackson, LJ, Westbrook, McNabb's rushing ability... damn, that ought to be killer.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Booker and Buckhalter too :eek:ther-twothumbsup: God I hope our red zone probs are a thing of the past

20. ball in the baskett

I think we can do it with what we have. Westbrook is a huge weapon in the running and passing game. Lj smith is a solid TE when he is healthy. Desean right now is looking like a stud rookie. In 06 baskett showed he has big play potential just look at the dallas game. The defense has alot of depth and i think we will be a top defense in the league.