The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

basket - i think if the eagles went 1-15 you'd say the same thing. we are going to be the same as we have been since the rest of the nfc got better particuarlly the nfce.

losing curtis is a big blow to this team. i liked the pick-up when we got him although i didn't think he'd produce like he did but thankfully we played the lions and jets.

it just bugs me that we have $19mil to spend and yet we a 3rd wr corp, again. where's this peddle to the metal philosophy that lurie boasted about ?

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I have a better question.... Where's the better receiver we can spend that 19mil on?

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

it was general statement about the front office not doing all it needs to with the funds they have available and i guarantee you it played a part in us not getting a better reciever in a trade because all the ones we inquired about wanted new deals paying them a ton of money. i.e. moss, fitzgerald, williams, boldin.

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Sigh, why couldn't Lurie be the owner of the Patriots like he wanted to in the beginning.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

we could definitely do worse. we could still have norman breman.

6. Greg Brosh

Would you guys take a chance on Michael Clayton?

Knows the WCO
    Could be a cheap late-round pickup
    Has just one year left on his deal, so the Eagles wouldn't need him after this year.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i was actually thinking about that when i saw the article. interesting. worth a look at least.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I agree... worth a look see. FINALLY

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Clayton will just be a disappointment.

I saw the Patriots game. Demps and Jackson, I love it. JJ put together some really good blitzes. McNabb looked sharp, Kolb was looking good on that first drive. I really like Gasperson's size, I wonder with the depleted WR group we have if he has a shot of making the active roster... hmmm....

I'm not falling to the McDougle hype. The sack he got that game would've been (I thinkit was) Howard's if McDougle didn't get that hand on his jersey. I find it very tough to give this guy the roster spot over Clemons when Chriswas more productive in 30% of Oakland's snaps last year than McDougle has been in his whole career. Not to mention how much we have paid this guy.

It seemed like Parker was making plays all over the place. I like seeing it.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Dude got shot... come on now. He has shown up in a big way this year and deserves this last shot to be what we all wanted him to be. Clemons is shaping up to be another great Eagles bust

11. Greg Brosh

i would rather have him than G-Lew.

I'm not looking for him to come in and be a stud, but just somebody who could push these other guys for playing time.

I was surprised that Eskin didn't shoot down the idea of the team going after Roy Williams next offseason if he doesn't re-sign and doesn't get franchised.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

people need to temper their enthuziasm about the play in pre-season against vanilla defenses. jackson has looked good but not against the same competition he'll see when the real games start.

as BS81 pointed out though, the one thing everyone can be pumped about is the return game which was a major reason we did not make the playoffs last year.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You've seen Chris in what, three preseason games?

Maybe a LITTLE too early to be calling the guy a bust...

Now McDougle on the other hand... what year did we draft this guy?

/debate

14. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

maybe im wrong, but i thought he hasnt played in any of the games

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He played against the steelers.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I wasn't sure if he played in any of them or not so went with three since I know he didnt play the Jets.

This only confirms my stand.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah he played in one game and didn't impress... for his signing bonus I want to see more then 20 percent of camp and 1 preseason game. I know his hamstring was hurt but sitting on the sideline while mcdougal's playing his heart out all preseason doesn't sit well with me. I didn't say he WAS a bust, I said he's shaping up to be one and if when/we keep him and release mcdougal and his injury lingers I will be PISSED. Especially as I see mcdougal sacking mcnabb later in the year...:eek:a02:

18. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

im just tryin to figure out how many at each position they are going to carry. i figure they got 4 D-tackles patterson, brunkley, laws, and klecko. and they have abiamiri, cole, clemons, howard, mcdougle, parker, and smith. thats 7 DEs and i really think all have a legitamit shot to make the team. abiamiri, cole, and parker are pretty much locks to make the team. now out of clemons, howard, mcdougle, and smith, how many will be on the team. i dont think they will keep all of them cuz then they got 11 d-linemen. which i think would be too many. ive really liked they way mcdougle played all preseason and he was a 1st round pick. the eagles liked what they say from clemons and gve him a $4 million signing bonus. i dont think they would just cut him. i think andy like howard cause he can play DE and DT. smith hasnt done much in the preseason, but he was a third round pick. it seems to me like a waste of a pretty good draft pick to cut him now......

if it were me, i would cut smith and howard and hold mcoudgle and clemons

i think the eagles will cut smith and mcdougle and hold howard and clemons :hb1:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

if mcdougal gets cut it willbe because of money as they can't afford to cut clemmons. so get ready for the site of mcdougal wearing giants blue.

20. Greg Brosh

I give it 3-5 days before the Giants sign him after/if he gets cut. i'f i'm the eagles, i keep him just so he doesn't go there.

if the Cowboys somehow manage to finagle Boldin away from Arizona, I will completely mistrust anything the Eagles FO say about anything regarding everything.