The Official Dallas Cowboys Thread

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Omen, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i dont like it at all. i sorta like the idea of getting simms like it has been mentioned, anything is an upgrade over brad.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Last year, I welcomed Brad's experience. It's always good to have an experienced QB as a back-up.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

seems like the coaches read this bc i heard johnson played a little longer with the firdst team as i ahd requested. i dpont anythong is an upgtread besides johnson but it worries me that he is our back up but i guess he did lead the o for a bucs team that won the SB so he know what it takes

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i cant wait for the admins to bring the pain down on your spammer ass

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'd like to see us Sign Daunte Culpepper, but that won't happen. Brad Johnson is our backup and we have to live with that. I wish our QB situation was similar to the Giants. Where they have a couple good backups. Carr is decent and they have a solid prospect in Woodson. What we have is a 19 year vet that will retire come the offseason and a mystery QB in Bartell who doesn't look like anything special. Hopefully we pickup Chase Daniel in the next draft or someone with some potential. All that being said I'd much rather have Romo over Eli.

6. Omen

i had the same thoughts if Romo ( god forbid) got hurt Culpepeper would be better than Brad. brads strebhg seem sto weekend

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I see Chris Simms being a Cowboy this year. As soon as the Bucks release him I think we will sign him. I think this will be a good thing. :icon_smile:

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Might be an okay addition. Lets not forget that hes a southpaw.

9. youstolethatball

youstolethatball beer belly budda

I have to agree. Simms would be a solid addition, especially when we consider just how old and immobile Brad Johnson is. Yeah he brings a lot of experience, but so would Vinnie Testaverde, and I think he has finally had his last come back.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

PANTY RAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :dance04:

Huh.... this isn't the sorority. Sorry, my bad

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Bring Killer back anyone?

12. Omen

yeah i think we should if but maybe wait until the second week of the season see how we do the first

13. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Alright, something has to give. we have 54 men on our roster, 12 of them [including keith davis now] is Defensive Backs [CB, FS, SS]. We have 11 olineman. So 23 of our 54 is 2 positions. We have 2 QB's, and 2 Healthy WR's. So i'm definitely expecting us to go after Bollinger or Simms, hopefully we stay away from Harrington, and i'm expecting a WR to be either picked up, or traded for.. Austin is gonna be out for half the season, Stanback if opts to have surgery, will be done for the entire season, and Sam Hurd we have no clue on, but at least missing browns game. Anyone know something I don't.. please feel free to clue me in. lol

14. Jihad Joe

Stanback is prolly gonna play week 1

15. Omen

ashly lelie maybe

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Not a bad choice IMO. The only thing about that dude is, he is a dummy. From what I have read he isn't very football smart.

17. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

we've gotta find another reciever
    but i dont want it to be lelie

18. Jihad Joe

Not much put there

Unless someone is on the trade block we dont know about

19. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

alrighty guys
    less than 8 hours till we kick off the season and knock the brownies back down to size

20. Jihad Joe

DOMINATION!!!!