The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's not even the point here guys, rosenheck is once again starting to stir crap up in the locker room. both sheppard and brown had to talk about this making an already uncomortable situation even worse. it's not going to die until sheppeard is gone or has a new deal.

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Well Lito isn't as insane as TO, so I don't think it will be anything like that situation. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. I love having all 3 right now.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

while that's true dawk i am not understanding why the eagles didn't take the early offers that they are not going to come close to getting now or throwing the guy a bone out of that $19mil cushion they have.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

i agree with smeagle. while having him on the team is a luxury, at this point it may turn into something detrimental to the locker room. especially if players start to "side." If he goes out there and lights it up, he's going to want to be paid even more than he does right now...and other players will start to feel the same way...

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If he goes out there and makes play stays healthy he will get paid. Just like westbrook before 05 the eagles dident want to give him a new contract then he started lighting it up and he got his money.

6. DawkinsINT

I don't see this turning into a situation where players will side with one player over another player and split the locker room. This isn't Sheppard vs Brown on a personal level like it was with TO & McNabb. It's a management decision and the players aren't bashing each other personally like then.

Stuff like this happens all the time on every team. Every team has guys that aren't happy with their contract. It's a players vs management situation, not something that makes the locker room choose one player over another.

Unless Lito decides to leave the team, it will still be a situation where every single player will be giving his all on the field.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think they will side with brown or sheppard. That's not what I was going for there. I think they could waiver on the sides of player versus team/management. It defintiely could become distracting...

I don't see him getting paid in philadelphia...

8. DawkinsINT

If it doesn't become player vs player and it makes players try to outperform each other, it's good for the team on the field.

The only way that this will hurt the performance of the team is if Lito walks away.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I still think the FO should be telling Rosenhaus to bring them trades, and if a deal is good enough they will pull the trigger.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

What do you think the front office thinks is a good deal?

11. ball in the baskett

A star Wide out is the only thing worth giveing up lito imo.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think he is worth a "star wideout" though...

13. DawkinsINT

Not that he's worth it to other teams, but wouldn't you give him up for a 1st or 2nd round pick? To say that the only thing worth giving him up is for a number one wide receiver is ridiculous to me.

14. ball in the baskett

I would rather give up lito and a 2nd for a star receiver than get a pick. We already have 2 first round picks next year.

15. DawkinsINT

Do you honestly feel that the front office didn't try to do that?

16. ball in the baskett

I know they did but if they cant get that done i think we should keep him.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

2nd rounder or a starting caliber WR.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would think a very good DE to pair with Cole would be a good move too if they were bent on trading him

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Nah we were casting off good DE's allready (see Mcdougle in Jersey Blue) and much like Lito won't bring us a "#1 WR" he won't bring us a pro bowl 15+ sacks DE either

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

But they kept Clemons over him

And while its true Lito alone wont bring you a top tier DE, a similar package that would net you a top WR will get you a top level DE, which IMO, even despite the fact that the defence is already solid, would have as much an impact on the team as a WR. You could go from a good D to an Elite D, which in and of itself can bring you a championship.

Im not saying DE over WR. I thin Wr make a little more sence. But i also think a package to acquire a top level DE is a decent alternative