Florida Marlins Attendance

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Link

Today they had less than 600 people in the stadium.

plain

[​IMG]

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Wow. Big ups to those that showed up.

3. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

my friend up here in jersey has a condo in florida and says they get in every night in august for like 6 dollars or something like that and sit in the third row

4. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

there is more people in Tailgate than the attendance of the year. lol

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

600?!? Come on...

6. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Hey - the Brewers have had games like that :icon_eek: I just think baseball fans are more fickle than football fans, surprising too, as baseball tickets are a hell of a lot cheaper.
    </IMG>

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

that is freaking pathetic

8. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Anyone know what their biggest crowd has been this year?

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

First thing is first, poor attendence is a result of a poor baseball stadium. If anyone has gone to dolphins stadium in the middle of july then he or she lost about 5 lbs wathcing the game because of the heat. What is there to go for anyway, loria is a complete idiot that expects no veteran leadership to take on the world. Every time the team does good, the following year everyone is gone so no consistency with the roster. the fact that i think fredi gonzo has the baseball mind like al davis has a football mind, is another reason that many fans don't go. You want bad, look at the rays. A team that not only has the lead in the al east, but have an indoor stadium with temperature control.

10. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Bottom line is Florida is just not a baseball place. You could move that team to my hometown of 35,000 people and average more a night than they do. It's pathetic like Nate said. One of 2 things HAS to happen. Sell the team to an owner that actually wants to invest in a team and it's future or they move/contracted.

11. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

that's a shame.
    Being a baseball fan, and not even a Marlin's fan, I'd still be at games if I lived there.
    600 people?

Sad.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Why does South Florida still have a MLB team?

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

sorry but i don't buy this for one minute. the vet sucked for baseball too but in the phillies worst days we still put at least 15-20k in the stands. the issue is exactly what DD13 pointed out and MLB should've realized this was going to happen.

14. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

[​IMG]

Cuz we like our hot babes on the beaches showing off their jugs.

:smoker: