So, Can The Patriots Still Win The East?

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Chrisbob, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Without Brady, are all the Patriots hopes up in smoke or can they survive with Matt Cassell or a free agent QB such as Sims?

Discuss.......

2. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

yes they can... but this is going to make it a whole lot harder for them to do espically with how tough the bills looked today

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I heard today that they have the easiest schedule of any team this year.

How is that possible when they went to the SB?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yes. On paper, they have one of the easiest schedules in the history of the game. However, the Jets are a lot better than that paper reads. The Bills are a lot better than that paper reads. The Dolphins are better than that paper reads. So it won't be so easy...they could miss the playoffs...

5. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Because it's based on last years records which include two teams who picked in the top six of the draft (one of which went 1-15). They also play the NFC West in the inter-conference rotation and that was the worst division in the NFC last year. Luck of the draw.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

because of what division they play in. 6 games against projected crap and that they play the worst division in the NFC

7. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Their aging D was somewhat exposed by an anemic offense today(sorry fellow Chiefs fans). Not many points were scored but we did move the ball. The Jets and the Bills will have their way with them if all three teams continue to play the way they did today. Based on their schedule, I can see 7 or 8 losses possibly.

They may be a wild card at best.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

No.

The Bills are an 11 win team this year, and Farve makes the Jets a much better team

9. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Bellichik will make adjustments as it is very early. I can see them making the play-offs but not winning the Super Bowl.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree MG. Belichick will make adjustments and the Patriots are kind of in a good position now. Teams will begin to write them off immediately now that they are without the league MVP. They'll be underestimated...

I could see them making the playoffs or missing them. A lot will be told in these next two weeks.

11. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I think you guys would've put up 40+ points on them if you played them today.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

bill changes the offense to a run first team until he can figure out his QB deal

13. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Of course they CAN win the division. Everyone CAN win the division. WILL they? Suddenly, I dunno. On the one hand, I look at it this way- on offense, there is STILL Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Sammy Morris, etc. The defense gave up 2 big plays today, but that's correctable and they got a good pass rush after a while. I just don't know what to think yet about the body lining up under center. The Patriots are a 10-win team at the worst.

Ah, what the hell... the road to 37-1 has NOT been blown up yet! It's just a pothole! I'll keep believing cause, as a fan, that's what the hell I do! :icon_cheesygrin:

14. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

The thing for any Pats QB is that they have Moss, who you can just throw jump balls to and Welker who can make plays running after the catch. The real key is if Maroney, Morris and the returning Kevin Faulk can take the running game to a higher level as that will take the pressure off Cassell.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sure you want to say that about Moss? Andrew Walter? :icon_wink:

16. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think the Bills will win the AFC East

17. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

haha i was just thinking i wonder if randy is going to douche bag it up and quit playing hard now. he did say he didn't want anyone but brady throwing to him after all

they are my new favorites to win the east now too

18. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

No there not a good team without brady.

19. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I still think the Pats have enough to win the division. We'll see how they handle the loss emotionally though. Best case scenario I'd say 11-5, worst case 8-8.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could totally see that...