WDIS: Week 2 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Week 2 Who Do I Start Thread (WDIS)

WDIS threads will be posted every Monday. All game times listed are EST, the world's time zone.

Please post any roster questions for week 2 in this thread.
    Not sure who to start? Post your questions here. Please do not ask to have your entire lineup filled out for you.

All posts must contain the following information for you to get the best answer:

* Include your league scoring for the players in question.
    * How many do you start at that position?
    * Who are they playing?

For example:
    WDIS Ricky Williams vs NYJ or DeAngelo Williams @ SD. My other starter is Marion Barber.
    We start 2 RBs and get 20yds/pt rushing and receiving, td/6pts.

WEEK 2 (All times EST)

SUNDAY, SEP. 14th

Buffalo at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
    Chicago at Carolina 1:00 pm
    Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 pm
    Indianapolis at Minnesota 1:00 pm
    New Orleans at Washington 1:00 pm
    N.Y. Giants at St. Louis 1:00 pm
    Oakland at Kansas City 1:00 pm
    Tennessee at Cincinnati 1:00 pm
    Atlanta at Tampa Bay 4:05 pm
    San Francisco at Seattle 4:05 pm
    Baltimore at Houston 4:15 pm
    Miami at Arizona 4:15 pm
    New England at N.Y. Jets 4:15 pm
    San Diego at Denver 4:15 pm
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland 8:15 pm

MONDAY, SEP. 15th
    Philadelphia at Dallas 8:30 pm

2. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

with brady out i need a QB. i can only start one and the two on my roster are:
    Kurt Warner vs Miami
    or
    Marc Bulger vs NYG

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
    Passing Touchdowns (4)
    Interceptions (-1)
    Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)

i was planning to start warner, but could use some advice

3. nlsmike

nlsmike NLS Owner

I would be going with Kurt Warner in this one and probably most other games. If you check Warner's #'s last year as a starter they are pretty damn good.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Forte @ Carolina?
    Maroney @ Jets?
    R. Williams vs. Arizona?

Only have to start one...

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

ronbart, you have to play the matchups now and even though Bulger is the better QB you have to play Warner.

Ward - Forte is your man, even though you didn't put your scoring or really follow any of the rules of posting a WDIS? LOL

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

8-team Yahoo league (I don't know/understand the rules/scoring system):

WDIS at QB between Jake Delhomme vs. CHI and Kurt Warner vs. MIA? Normally I'd start Warner, but with Delhomme's performance Sunday...? I picked up Delhomme when I dropped Brady. Right now I'm leaning toward starting Warner.

WDIS at Flex, Michael Turner @ TB, Brandon Jacobs @ STL, Earnest Graham vs. ATL, Hines Ward @ CLE, or Joey Galloway vs. ATL? My starting WRs are Marques Colston and Anquan Boldin. My current starting RBs are Marion Barber and Felix Jones (I can always make Turner, Graham, or Jacobs a starting RB if I put a WR in at flex). Right now I'm leaning toward starting Turner @ Flex and Barber and Jones @ RB.

WDIS at DST between Colts @ MIN and Chargers @ DEN? Right now I'm leaning toward starting Colts but it's a hard decision.

I'll do the rest of the leagues later maybe.

Ward, go with Forte. ronbart, go with Warner.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

OK thanks to Marques Colston being out I'm stuck with a bunch of zero pointers...I'm probably going to bring someone in off of waivers, but just to amuse everyone, WDIS at WR? 16 team league, basic scoring.

James Hardy
    Robert Meachem
    CHRIS HENRY (I was planning on holding onto him until the suspension is up, I think he might be worth it, but now I believe he is gonna get 86'd)

:laughing1:

8. wide right

Slim pickings there. I don't think any of those guys are ready to contribute right now. Anybody else out there?

9. ravenfan52

If it has to be one of those, I'd wait to see if Meachem's active, and then I'd start him if he is.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Standard scoring...it's all the same...

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Ravenfan,

Start Warner
    Bench Colston as he's out 4-6 (I have him in my league and he's on the frickin' can't cut list)
    Start Jacobs and Turner/Barber at RB w/ with the other at Flex. IF Barber's ribs keep him questionable, then substitute Jones. Its a hard choice.

12. wide right

I'd go with Warner.

13. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

warner becuase bulger cant play for crap anymore

14. ravenfan52

I guess that makes the most sense. I really wanted to go with the combo of Barber and Jones though. w/e. Colston I own in two leagues both with my friends I am trying to trick them they don't know he's injured I want to trade them him for anyone and it might work but probably won't.

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Good luck with it. The league I'm in is hip to Colston. I'm undecided on who to pick up though at RB. I have standard scoring w/ Steven Jackson and Willie Parker starting. My RB bench is Jonathon Stewart and Chris Johnson. Felix Jones just became available. I'm thinking of dropping stewart for him. What would u folks do?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree...

17. ravenfan52

Garnett -- drop Stewart and add Jones. He'll see more carries and is a better speed back. His value is a lot higher than Stewart's right now. I'd add Jones and if you're league has no flex, I'd put Jones or Johnson or Parker or Jackson on the trading block, see if you can get a good receiver for one of them.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I actually just traded Jonathan Stewart for Felix Jones straight up, so I'm going to say yes, lol. I have my doubts about whether or not Barbers going to hold up all season, and even if he does, Jones is going to get carries and points. Same holds true for Stewart/Williams, but I see Jones as being a bigger FF points guy than Stewart. Definitely more potential for points there when he's on the field, IMO.

19. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

work league 1 pt every 25 yrds 6pts td's -2 int fumbles

donovan mcnabb at dallas
    chad pennington vs arizona

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Seriously? You aren't sure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.