LT... I Could Get Him If I Trade...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by bigsexyy81, Sep 12, 2008.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Randy Moss, Steve Smith, and Ryan Grant.

Here's how I see it... I got Steve Smith off waivers (yes, dude was dumb and didn't want to hold on to him for a couple weeks till he was off suspension), I didn't realize Ryan Grant was going to be sharing so many snaps with Brandon Jackson, and Randy is without Brady now.

I've still got Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, and Bernard Berrian on my bench to fill Moss' starting spot...

LT is USUALLY guaranteed to have 1-2 TDs a game, and running back is my weak spot... plus I get points for receptions and reception yards.

Is it worth it?

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I think its even since moss wont be that good without brady. Steve smith will have a good year with delehome back and ryan grant is still a good RB. Moss will have a down year.

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

what's your scoring?

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Randy Moss, Steve Smith, and Ryan Grant for LT alone
    no freaking way.
    you're going to lose out in the long run

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 10 points at 200 yards)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Receptions (1)
    Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 10 points at 200 yards)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)

I've got Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson starting at WR right now, but my starting RBs are Clinton Portis, Earnest Graham, and Ryan Grant. I'm weeeaaak at RB.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Dude, it's a PPR league and you are talking about trading two top wideouts and Ryan Grant for LT? Do the math...I'd say in a PPR league that Moss and Smith might well average 20 apiece per game. Grant's going to consistently get you more than 10. You're giving up 50+ points a game, IMO, for one player. And I would hardly call Grant, Portis, and Graham weak, especially if you put them alongside Moss, Smith, Johnson and Fitz.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Grant's not giving me any PPRs. LT would give me 5-10 points a week just on PPR and reception yards.

And as a reminder, I got Steve Smith as a bonus for nothing, and is Cassel really going to be able to get Moss the ball enough for me to give up the chance to get LT?

I know it's questionable... I know I shouldn't do it... but it's LT!!!

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

No way. It doesn't add up in your favor.

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

yes its LT
    but LT isnt producing the mind blowing numbers that he had before

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Dude, do not let the fact that it's LT sway your decision. Just do the math. Your team would not be bettered by giving up so many points per game for one player. ESPECIALLY in a PPR league, Moss, Smith, Fitz, Grant and Portis sounds a lot better to me than Fitz, Johnson, I forget who else, LT and Portis. But that's just me.
    If Cassel can throw the ball, Moss will still get his numbers. I got 25 points from him in a PPR league last week with Cassel playing the better part of the game. Last year in the same league, Brian Westbrook outscored LT.
    Having Tomlinson will not make or break your team.

11. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Yep, I had him last year and it was the worst year I've ever had.....not that it was directly his fault. Bottom line is I wouldn't do the trade. I won't go into all the reasons because they've been stated.

12. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

It's not worth it, think of it this way. If one of the 3 go down you still have two solid/good players. If LT were to go down you'd be FREAKED.

13. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

WAYYYYY to much to give up for JUST LT. Don't even THINK about doing that.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

True.

Ixnay on the trade-ay.

Thanks guys.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not a chance...Starting Grant and Moss will most likely be more productive than Tomlinson and Jackson.

16. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

agreed. way to much, just for LT. I think he will pick up a bunch later in the year, but I also think Grant will too, and Cassle isn't going to anything but get better with the surrounding clbutt.