WDIS: Week 2 Fantasy "Who Do I Start?" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by wide right, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

No way I'd do that.

Who else is on the bench that you could drop to get Jones? I wouldn't part with Stewart after week 1.

2. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

WDIS: I need to start two of the following RBs this week in my Yahoo! league.
    • Ronnie Brown (Miami @ Arizona),
    • Le'Ron McClain (Baltimore @ Houston),
    • Jamal Lewis (Cleveland vs Pittsburgh),
    • Jerious Norwood (Atlanta @ Tampa Bay)
    • Felix Jones (Dallas vs Philadelphia).
    At the moment I have Ronnie Brown and Jamal Lewis in the two spots and I have Hines Ward in the W/R spot (I don't think I'm going to be changing that). I just picked up Le'Ron McClain this week from waivers after I read the "Week 1 Touches" thread and saw he picked up over 80 yards rushing and 20 through the air.

I was just wondering if I could get some other views on the situation? As you can see my RBs aren't amazing but I have Terrell Owens, Plaxico Burress and Hines Ward as my WRs (and I had Brady... What a waste of a 1st round pick).

I also want to know who to start at QB, do I want to start Matt Cassel (@ NYJ) or Brett Favre (@ NE)?

3. wide right

Jamal Lewis, Ronnie Brown, Brett Favre

4. Jammin Jaguar

I'll take you word WR. I have dropped Felix Jones and put in Jamal Lewis... I hope this pays off!

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree...

That would be a very very very dumb move this early in the season...

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ronnie Brown or Sammy Morris?

standard scoring.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ronnie Brown...no brainer. He's going to get the bulk of the carries...Morris may or may not get 50% of Maroney's workload...

Brown is a far better player too...

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He might be the far better player, but I don't think he's fully healthy yet, and he didn't play well last week. Morris is as usual going to get at least 50% of the carries, as he always does when he's healthy, and he gets the goalline looks. If I felt Brown was healthy, yeah, it's a no brainer, but I don't believe he is.

9. Jammin Jaguar

If you're questioning WARD's advice in starting Brown then your gut instinct must be that you want to start Morris so I'd say do that. As it's what you want.

:icon_wink:

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Brown was announced starter this week and showed some nice skills last week. It's only a matter of time before he explodes to the Ronnie Brown of last season.

If you feel Morris will do better, go with it...Morris could get some goal line carries against the Jets.

11. wide right

Sammy Morris. Jets suck and Morris takes over for Marony in the red zone.

12. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'll leave my team as is. I went thru wiaver wires earlier today and am pissed I waited until Saturday. I missed out on picking up Tennessee's defense in place of 1 of my back ups.

I'm pondering a TE situation. I have LJ Smith and am wondering should I pick up Anthony Fasano off waivers for Smith as my Starter.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I picked him up in place of Ben Watson in one league, although I considered Rosario Dawson ;). Not sure if he's going to be better than LJ over the course of the season. We'll see. Penny seems to like his TE's.

14. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. The lack of deep balls in MIA will give Fasano plenty of opportunities, but Smith is an athletic option in a West Coast offense. If McNabb remains healthy, then we'll see what they do.

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i hope you all see that TE's week to week are unknown, fasano and rosario were nothing more than a waste of a move. People just need to show more patience.

16. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'm realizing that more and more

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

A waste of a move? I had Ben Watson, he's INACTIVE for chrissakes, I had to do something.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

sorry walnuts, obviously you needed to make a move, but some people jump the gun and drop a guy like scheffler because Fasano had a couple of catches in week 1, that just grinds my gears!! lol - gratuitous Family Guy reference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.