Major Changes To The VIP Forum Tonight

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Oct 8, 2008.

1. sukiebaby

sukiebaby Rookie

Good move

2. Gregster

Gregster Chi Town Fanatic!

Smart move in the long run the site will benifit from this move ! Good job guys!

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Thank you for your valuable input. :bash:

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

He's basically still a n00b at life, being he's only a teenager.

Maybe some of these awards could be quarterly to allow more types to be awarded while still keeping things clean? Yeah, I know, not going to happen.

5. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

No Smut... but we continue to run ads for "meet nasty women in your area".. seems kind of... oh well never mind.

Guess since smut is gone these pimp awards ought to be worth some big bucks now.

**slides a plate with a steak and asparagus under Beasts cell door**

6. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Who needs smut.. we still have the hottub :icon_cheesygrin:

7. Buffgrandpa

Don't say that too loud or they will remember... lol.. hmm, just trying to remember how many other times we have shut down the Smut forum.. and post tramp .. oh yeah, now it's called "off Topic".

But in all actuality, looking at the numbers:

~13000 Non-football related threads
    ~25000 Latest news and Conference discussion threads (all copied from other sites)
    ~3000 threads with original content

Hey, I like this site.... but ... It is what it is.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's BS.

I posted some Chiefs news that I heard on TV.

:icon_cool:

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

First off we have never shut down the smut forum before now, secondly we have never shut down the post tramp forum, we merged it with the off topic forum, those numbers are just since we got vBulletin, of course our news is copied from the NFL, ESPN etc., we are a football forum who is bombarded with visitors who use our RSS feed just for the news, so yes you are correct IT IS WHAT IT IS...

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

This is what this comes down to....I am going to run this site how I see fit for it to stay up and running. People are more than welcome to come along for the ride or they can stop coming here and find a new site to go to. I can't worry about the handful who are going to be the voice of dissent and who are going to stifle progress.

11. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

:agreed:
    So what SMUT is not here anymore. Do you really think that is the ONLY reason people come to this site..like they can't get it anywhere else? That is just plain stupid.
    I couldn't tell you for sure, but I think those numbers are quite a bit inflated, or, Buff, did you actually COUNT them? (If you did, I will kick you out of the hottub!) WTF, that is the biggest bunch of BS I ever saw. If you really are going to miss SMUT that much, just ask me, and I will get you some links from my hubby! :icon_cheesygrin:
    </IMG></IMG>

12. Buffgrandpa

I didn't say anything about wanting it or not wanting it, and no I didn't actually count the posts (the totals are in the columns..)

The fact of the matter is that every since it became pourn tube central, I rarely if ever went in there any more.

My point was simply.. don't make it out to be something that it is not, don't try to justify irrelevant things by making them relevant in the first place. If SRW thought that there was a perception problem..(nothing new) then just call it that, grow a set of balls, and say this is the way it is, end of story.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I believe he did just that...

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:word:

15. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

just one pourn thread, please?:icon_cry: