Lions WR Roy Williams Traded To Dallas

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Weezy, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I wonder how Crayton feels about this

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

its going to screw with his mental
    thats going to hurt in the long run

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

istil odnt know whta to feel about tjis i really like roy bc he is a texas vboy and me think a change of scenery could be a chage

all i hear is drops here drops there but yet ya woulndt mind himon your team and yall didnt want to go in the sum mer

i aslo heard JJ say he has already signed roy to a 5 year deal

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I see this as a good move by the Cowboys.

Even with sending 3 draft picks to the Lions, the Cowboys still have 9 draft picks in the 7 rounds of next year's draft.

Also, Williams is still in his 20s. He's a replacement for TO should the Cowboys feel that TO's skills are starting to decline.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

6. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'm really hoping this helps Brad Johnson in the short run by taking some coverage from TO. Part of me just feels like it was a Jerry Jones act of desperation.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Weezy:

Hope you enjoy those 3 WRs you're going to pick up in next year's draft with those picks you got from the Cowboys today.

:icon_rolleyes:

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

im with you

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Locked him up quick

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

:laughy32:

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

a first
    a second
    and a third

and the lions will keep on sucking well beyond the end of the season

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Are you kidding me? For the first time in ages I can't come online the whole day and I miss this?

I think it's a pretty good deal. We really haven't hit with the mid-round picks since Parcells departed. The last one I can remember now is Marion Barber, and he was drafted in the 4th. Can't wait to see Romo back in action!!

13. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

lol:clap06:

14. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

[​IMG]

C'mon dawg Roy Jr is my home fry. :pimp2:

15. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

if i were him i would ask for a trade in the offseason

we dont draft WRs anymore MM is gone :icon_thumleft:

fair warning your not going to love Roy's play on the field :icon_thumleft:

16. youstolethatball

youstolethatball beer belly budda

Roy is gonna be a great addition to the Boys offense. With that being said I am not sure if he is worth the price. We could go on and on debating this and hearing from fans on both sides, but the fact of the matter is that the Lions did a great job of giving Jerry Jones and Dallas fans another diva to deal with and 3 good picks to help them revive thier franchise. Nice job Detroit.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

its funny that only the cowboys fans think the deal is a good one and not even all of them think so, He is a good WR, but 1,3,6 is WAY too much, it just is. Yeah draft picks are always hit or miss, but you can't just assume they would be misses.

The truth of the matter is, if Roy does well and the cowboys win, then it won't matter, if he fails and it causes TO to snitch and moan and tears the team apart, then it will be deemed a mistake, but only time can answer this question.

As of right now, you can only say that it was too much to trade, I can't think of any player being traded for a 1st, let alone a 1st, 3rd and 6th.

If just reeks of desperation, and does not seem like a Jerry Jones move at all.

Why not try to sign him as a FA? If detroit tagged him, Why not try and trade for him at the draft when detroit would be desperate to trade him and avoid a holdout mess?

It just feels like the wrong time, it's not exactly like the Cowboys are bad at WR, with Owens, Crayton and Austin playing more than decent.

It could make them better, It could be a mistake, but, imo, it really doesn't make sense, When did Jerry Jones turn into Dan Snyder?

18. youstolethatball

youstolethatball beer belly budda

this crap scares me mike. :sad5:

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The way I see it, and i agree with Oxlong on alot of this is that it could work out beautifully, but it throws some cuffs on us as well, bit in draft picks and money wise. We arent hurting in the cap department, but what happens in a guy like Haynesworth walks. We cant go after him

I honestly dont see the need for a 1A WR. If you were then whee the heck were you when Fitz was on the market

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

a 1st, 3rd and 6th could have gotten fitz and he is a ton better than williams, another example that makes me feel like this is a desperation move that was really unnecessary. There is only so many passes to go around, and now you can't get a guy like Haynesworth that would have meant so much more to the team than Roy Williams.

All I can think of is that maybe they plan on TO not being there for very much longer.