Who Is The Face Of The Lions

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by Weezy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

With Pickna now on IR (never to return)

Roy Sent Packing

Matt Millen Bye Bye

who is the face of this team

and i know people will be quick to say CJ, but he is probally the quitest WR in the league he never talks the media or steps up in front of the team as a leader and has yet to show show how truely talented he is

and wheni say Face of the team think of Ray Lewis for the ravens

hes the leader of the team, out spoken, steps up when needed etc

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

there isnt one

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Jason Hanson. He's their greatest weapon. :icon_mrgreen:

4. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

I like Ernie Sims

5. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

More appropriate question, who wants to be associated with such a debacle?

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

No Calvin Johnson?

7. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

laugh now but the North will fear the lions in 2 years

8. DaBearsrule4ever

I just spit my pepsi out laughing so hard, lol!

9. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

we will see what he does the rest of the year at this point he isnt a leader and has yet to have that breakout game (yes he had a nice game week 2with the crazy TD catch and run)

but he has yet to dominate a game and change the game

and again he doesnt talk

if we get the right GM in here

we have 5 picks in the top 100 next year (plus more with comp 3rd rounders and i gaurentee at least 1 of the 2 1st rounders we trade down from)

so i would put a nice round number on it 8 players in the top 100 in the draft

the draft is strong in LB DE and OT the 3 positions we need the most

thats 8 starters in the next 2 years plus add in CJ Bullocks Redding White Gos Smith Bodden and Sims

thats 16 strong starters

10. DaBearsrule4ever

Ok, let me ask you about the current coaching staff.

Do you think they'll be in Detroit in 2009?

11. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

the only way i see them coming back is if they go on a ungoddly run of like 10 wins

and we all know thats not going to happen

12. DaBearsrule4ever

I don't know... What does a certain QB thats on IR still say? LOL

Seriously though, the Lions would have to go 10-1 for 10 wins to happen. You guys would be better off trying for the 1st overall pick in next year's draft

13. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

uuumm ya no team in the NFL wants the 1st overall pick you have to just pay them way way to much and when your locked into the #1 pick its almost impossible to trade out of it for = value do to how much you have to pay the player

im rooting for a 4th or 5th pick it is the prefect spot to take Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe and if we do get to trade back from it lets say back to 10 we could still ahve a small chance at one of them or we could take Michael Johnson or George Selvie around 10 and if we got to trade back we would have at least anothewr 2nd rounder this year maybe another 1st next year

things are looking good for the lions

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Don't tell me. Let me guess. When next year's draft rolls around, to decide on your draft picks, you're going to hire a sighted monkey to throw darts at a dartboard to replace the blind monkey you've been using in past years.

15. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Dan Orlovsky.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

Could very well be. With Kitna on IR, now is his chance to show the Lions what he can do.

17. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

it would probally have more success

but lets put on are big boy shoes now and remember there has never been a worse GM in any league MM hit on 10% of his draft picks even if a GM came in here and hit on 50% it would be a major upgrade

and remember this is the NFL teams rise fast and others fall faster

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Ya'all need a solid qb and a good o-line and then build around...it's crazy how long the Lions have struggled and people wonder why Sanders quit.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

My first reaction, although he doesn't seem like a FACE/public/media type guy is Ernie Sims, he's solid, seems like a good guy, hard worker, and the type that if he had a good team around him, would be a perennial pro-Bowl type that has the respect of the team and peers in the league. Just does his job quietly and does it very well. However, so far, he hasnt really seemed to be that "face" type guy though. I could be wrong, I'm not to familiar with the ins and outs in Detroit.
    CJ's the ovious choice but again, seems almost "shy", especially next to his newly former amigo. He's going to be the guy whether he likes it or not until some hot new qb comes along or is drafted. They need a hype guy like Brady Quinn, you know what I mean? They have some decent players now, but that Roy's gone they don't have the mouth.
    Kevin SMith maybe if he gets an Oline and starts fulltime. Everyones crapting on him but he's getting 4.6 a carry in limited time. I still think he's going to be good.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Percy Harvin, Darius Heyword Bey or Micheal Crabtree