Hines Ward Hit On Keith Rivers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Oct 20, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXxc9OxIJyc]YouTube - Hines Ward with a huge hit on Keith Rivers[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJyvVT0x5E]YouTube - Keith rivers gets his jaw broken by Hines Ward (MUST SEE)- Block of the year[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPbraVljIrc]YouTube - Ward blasts Rivers[/ame]

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

like a beast.

point, blank, period.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm sure a fine will follow considering Rivers' jaw is broken. But the hit is legal and quite beastly I might add.

4. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Love the title of the thread... I didn't know Rivers was Hines' type

5. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

If he gets fined....hell will break lose. That is a legal block and was necessary for Moore to get by or else Rivers would have tackled him.

6. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

damn that is a nice hit. but yeah no way he should be fined. but will he be? prob

7. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

maybe it was legal, but it's still nothing to brag about when you break a guy's jaw and knock him out for the season.

8. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I don't recall hearing Ward brag.
    Where did you see that?

Unlike Lewis grinning when he broke Mendenhall's shoulder.....classy.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If Ward gets fined, he really does need to appeal it.

10. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

oh yes for sure. But I bet any money whether he gets fined or not...he will continue to block like that. Thats football.

11. ravenfan52

i meant it's nothing to brag about when a player from your favorite team knocks someone out for the year. Ward was bragging about it. Lewis at the time of the hit did not realize it was a season-ending injury. And did you see any Ravens' fans here show a youtube video of it and brag about it?

12. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Ward didn't know it was a season ending injury at the time either.
    There were a few comments made about the hit by Lewis but then again..Raven fans had nothing to brag about with that game...period.

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Wow that was a sick hit.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

unlike the other plays where ward got fined this hit was absolutely legal - and nasty.

dude, please shut up. ray lewis is a murdering thug.

15. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Thank you Smeagle!!

16. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

pretty nice hit

17. ravenfan52

I never said Ward knew, but you steelers fans are still braggin about knockin him out for the year.

and ray lewis never murdered anyone. don't say that unless you can prove it. it's just not true. :icon_rolleyes:

18. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Nothing dirty about it

19. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm sure he will be fined even though it was a clean block, I guess he was just supposed to let Rivers hit our running back?

20. the Jag Zone

the Jag Zone the Jag Zone

first off...
    helluva shot..
    looked legal from what I saw...
    if Ward gets a fine.. I'd say it's a "reputation fine"..
    ...at the same time something I've taken note of in recent years..
    HW is duely noted as a great blocking WR, but he makes a living cracking back on guys that have no clue he's coming.. (now we all know it's also the responsibility of those players to all have their "heads on a swivel" so to speak).. although you have to admit that his reactions on the field (like many NFL Players) are "quite smug" (IE: that Hines grin of his) when it comes to those hits after the fact..

as for the remark on about Ray Lewis' hit on Mende'..
    Mende' was coming up the middle and it looked like a solid face up shot..

now I'm not a Steeler or Raven fan and I'm very neutral on the subject when it comes to stickin' someone because I love physical football.. but a good hit is a good hit.. and THAT was a good hit and it was facing the opponent.. there was no blind shot crackback or anything.. it was a good ol' fashioned "stick" plain and simple..
    :beerchug: