Is It Time For Lions To Consider Firing Rod Marinelli?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by mike oxlong, Oct 19, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

It's both futile and counterproductive for team president Tom Lewand and interim general manager Martin Mayhew to let Marinelli stay in charge, especially since there's no way he'll be the coach next season. Plus, when this season is over, you don't want them to remember this season, let alone anything Marinelli has taught them the past three seasons.

Source: The Detroit News

2. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Fire Him After The Redskins Game

3. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

there is no point in keeping him around really the team has seen zero change from week 1 to now

the only reason most of us said why not let him finish the season was for him to just play the young guys but he cant even do that

4. Elmer Fudd Is a horrible coach...he needs to go along with the rest of the staff....Weezy and myself (i'm not joking) with any Madden playbook to could do just as well...probably better...except I have a problem keeping my pants on in the Wendys drive thru!

:icon_scratch: :shortbus:

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

It's just time for the Lions to start from scratch. Get rid of anything that Matt Millen brought to this franchise thats still currently there.

6. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

this is really starting to look like Bobby Ross all over again

7. PoohBear

PoohBear Rule Beartannia!!

What do you mean Weezy? I can recall being at Soldier Field seeing Ross coach the Lions and the Bears beat them with Cade McNown:groan: throwing three TD passes.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Not that I care but Marinelli must go. He refuses to make adjustments, thats one thing that will get a coach fired faster rather then later.