Hines Ward Hit On Keith Rivers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He grins like that when he gets hit like that also Jag Zone, not only when hes delivering them.

2. the Jag Zone

the Jag Zone the Jag Zone

sorry folks but this is a totally classless and uncalled for post on an NFL Football board..
    :soapbox:

3. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Clean hit, he better not be fined for that.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Great hit and if that were a wr on any other team their fans would be here saying grea hit too. What is wrong with the man playing all out? I don't understand why any fan would want him to just prance around like some sissy. He's a football player and some would call him old schoo but maybe others would say he's setting a standard for the next generation of recievers. I'd love to see more clean hard hits on the field. I don't wish injury on any player but go all out and play hard and realize that at any given time your career could be over. It's a brutal contact game that the league has done well trying to protect the players but.....let em play too. I'm sorry for Rivers and the Bengals but it was a legal and clean hard hit.

5. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I don't think anyone is happy that he got hurt, but you kind of have to be a fan of good hits to really appreciate football.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

He didn't brag about it...:icon_lol:

Please...show me where I bragged about it...

It's a "controversial" hit. It's news...which you can't post...so again, please show me where I bragged about Rivers getting hurt. :icon_rolleyes:

7. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

true that, it was legal, but I don't think it was called for. It's like someone with Diplomatic Immunity, or any kind of Immunity for that matter, running a red light. Again, I understand it was totally legal. But I just don't think it was necessary. And I know some Steelers fan is gonna come up and say something like "It's uncalled for to play your best?" or something like that. Whatever. You get my point.

8. Crowned

No one has bragged, don't waste your time with him WARD

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT! He constently has that grin on...that's Hines.

10. Crowned

It was necessary, Its not like he was blocking someone on the opposite side of the play, he was blocking the player that was about to stop our play?

11. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I'm not a steelers fan, but it's uncalled for to edit this game any more than it has already been edited.

12. ravenfan52

First of all, this I CAN post, because it's not news and it was posted in AFC North Discussion. And that by the way, is totally irrelevant.

Um, by posting this thread??? I'm not saying you're glad that he's hurt, but posting this thread shows you're happier about the sickness of the hit than you're sad about the extent of the injury. If you still can't understand what I mean by now, I can't help you.

13. Crowned

Who doesn't enjoy watching a good hit? If you don't please stop watching football, You're a freaking 83 year old grandma trapped in 13 year olds body

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Freaking sick hit!

15. ravenfan52

it was near the sidelines, difference of 1 or 2 yards. yes i know it's a game of inches. But I was saying that he shouldn't have knocked him out like that. He could have blocked him instead of throwing himself into him and knocking him to the ground. Just put a body in front of him. god. :icon_rolleyes:

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I HATE to agree w/ RF52 but......come on 86Ward, posting one video w/ a discussion of the hit's legality in the light of HW's recent fines and the resulting unfortunate injury is news.
    Posting 3 videos of said hit is bragging

17. Crowned

lol I'm glad he knocked him the heck out, That's what receivers are supposed to, some of them need to take notes

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

All of his hits are "legal."

The NFL rule says that a hit like that can't be away from the ball (which he doesn't,) be helmet to helmet (which he doesn't,) or lead with a helmet (which he doesn't.) It was a completely legal hit as all of his have been by the NFL rulebook. Is it pretty? Not always. But then don't all the fans love the big hit??? Ward's hits are just on players that aren't paying attention.

He's been doing this for 11 years...I would think some players may pay more attention to that aspect of his game.

19. ravenfan52

edit? wtf???

20. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

How can you say it wasn't necessary?
    Look at the video again and you see Rivers getting ready to tackle Moore until Ward blocked him. It was very necessary. What game of football do you watch???