NFL Announcers

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Fish, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

Now Joe Buck as a baseball announcer... SUCKS!
    I'd cross the street just to punch him in the face!

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

'Why did the Fish cross the road? To punch Joe Buck in the face."

That doesn't work so much. If you would have chosen Chicken to be your board name, we would have been on to something.

3. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

Wow. Even at the time of this comment, Joe Buck had been doing NFL games, as FOX's #1 PBP guy, for 5 years already. :icon_rolleyes:

BTW...we landed on the moon, too.

Since this thread was bumped, I'll say that college football has the best announcers, by far.

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

kornheiser sucks, ravens always seem to get the gayest ones on CBS (ian eagle and solomon wilcots), aikman and buck are ok, not great, rod stockton is so weird, shannone is frickin' awesome, dan is also pretty good, michaels and madden all the way! collinsworth is cool, keith olberman is heckin hilarious

just my :twocents:

5. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I like Keith Jackson and Chris Schenkel.

6. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

rod enberg and merlin olson were the best.

7. bucs_till_death

bucs_till_death Starter

If you listen to Bucs radio, you've gotta love Gene Deckerhoff! What a legend

In terms of TV commentary, well I hate Joe Buck. Calling Randy Moss' ''moon'' to the Green Bay fans a disgrace was a disgrace in itself! That TD celebration was great - I loved the days before the No Fun League.

And I like Madden+Michaels. They've been around for so long and I like the old comms.

8. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

I like Maddon and Michaels, too. But by haltime Maddon sounds drunk or half-cocked or something. And Michaels is... shall I say... a little biased when it comes to his "California" teams; especially the 49ers. And he hates Philly. But still they are both knowledgable and great sportscasters.

9. I enjoy Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, I also love Al Michaels and Madden, these 2 guys give lots of history on the game/sport and you can actually learn something by listening to them. I am not even gonna comment on Tony KornBall.

10. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

'Noles radio too. :icon_cheesygrin:

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I like Mike Tirico too.....I think the worst thing about MNF is Tony K. Not saying Tirico is great but he's ok and you all talk about homers but nobody ever mentioned the biggest homer announcer ever and that was "The Mouth" Howard Cosell and his LOVE of the Dolphins and Dandy Don certainly never held his Love of the Cowgirls out when he was announcing. I don't think any of us expect these guys to be unbiased journalist but entertaining to listen too.

12. SpankyNoodle

SpankyNoodle Can't Spank the Spank

Troy Akiman & Joe Buck. Michaels & Madden are great too!! Between the both of them. Plenty, of great history. Saddest part about Sunday night. Knowing you have to deal with the crew of goobers on MNF. Anybody is better than the whole MNF crew. Tony needs to shut it!! Stick to baseball. :beatup:

13. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

god i hate joe buck

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

same...

I don't mind Steve Beurlin former panthers QB, probably the best guy on CBS.